Many thanks to our community for the great turn out for the Friends of the Lopez Island Library book sale on July Fourth. We had one of the best sales ever and sold out of our book bag specials by 11 a.m.! Kudos to our hard-working volunteers who work all year sorting and preparing for our twice a year book sales. Here are some examples of where the money goes:
• Parasol Puppets performance on April 28: “Chickens & Pigs & Bears…Oh My!”
• Purchased video-conferencing equipment and monitor for the community
• Supporting the upcoming Adult Winter Reading Program
• Pays for advertisements for Art in the Library
• Purchases refreshments for literary salon
• Purchase of books and furniture for the library
• Supported two summer teen interns.
Join us for the Jim Lynch – Author Talk on July 26, 7 p.m.
Jim Lynch is the award winning author of “Highest Tide” and “Border Songs.”
For a change of pace, he will be mixing his love of sailing with book events in late July on an aquatic tour through the San Juan Islands, north of Seattle. He will be reading from “Border Songs” but also discussing his first novel, “The Highest Tide,” and his odyssey with books.
Just a reminder, any lost items replaced will also be charged a $15.00 replacement fee to cover supplies and staff time. So look around diligently for those books before declaring them lost!