The San Juan County Sheriff’s office responded to the following calls.
• A Lopez deputy took a report of vandalism directed toward a political sign with collateral damage to a commercial sign.
• A deputy took a report from a Lopez property owner that a No Trespassing sign had been removed from the roadside adjacent to a waterfront parcel.
• A deputy was dispatched to a report of found property on San Juan which was later booked in the evidence room.
• A deputy was dispatched to report vandalism of political signs in Eastsound. A report was filed and the incident is under investigation.
• A man was arrested and lodged in jail on several charges after reportedly vandalizing several Black Lives Matter signs near Lopez Village with an excavator before being stopped by witnesses.
• A deputy investigated a criminal harassment complaint after a Lopez resident received threatening comments from another county resident on social media. The matter has been forwarded to the prosecutor’s office for criminal charging.
• A Lopez deputy investigated a telephone harassment complaint after the reporting person received harassing telephone calls. The perpetrators were identified and the incidents are being investigated for potential criminal prosecutions.
• A San Juan deputy was dispatched to a report of a trespassing at the Jensen’s shipyard. The trespasser was issued a warning trespass letter.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a vandalism call at the public high school. A report was taken and the case is ongoing until the video footage has been reviewed.
• A San Juan deputy was dispatched to a report of fraudulent activity on a bank account. A report was taken, and the bank is completing a fraudulent investigation. No suspects or workable leads at this time.
• A San Juan deputy was dispatched to a report of vandalism. There is no suspect information or workable leads at this time.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a report of a possible burglary. The incident was investigated and found to be a trespass issue. A trespass notice will be issued to a couple of subjects.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle as the owner did not have a driver’s license. The driver was issued citations for not having a valid license with ID and for not having insurance.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a theft complaint. The victim was contacted and an investigation commenced.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped the driver of a vehicle for speeding, illegal passing and for a defective tail light. The driver was issued a citation for passing in a no-pass zone.
• A deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle on Orcas Road. The driver was given a citation for speeding, 50 mph in a 35 mph zone.
• San Juan deputies were dispatched to a report of an order violation. After further investigation it was found the order was in place had not been violated.
• A wallet was located in the street by Deer Harbor Marina. The wallet was logged in as found property.
• A deputy on San Juan arrested a person on multiple warrants, who was then transported to the sheriff’s office and booked into custody.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a citizen assist.
• A deputy discovered that someone had vandalized several of the Black Lives Matter memorial signs along Fisherman Bay Road near Lopez Village.
• A Lopez deputy took a report of unlawfully applied spray paint to a county road.
• Marine patrol deputies stopped a vessel for violating a posted No-Wake zone. The vessel operator was warned and released with a vessel inspection.
• Marine patrol deputies were dispatched to a personal watercraft incident near Obstruction Island. The watercraft’s operators were contacted, and it was determined they were operating lawfully. Personal watercraft operators towed a broken-down vessel back to the mainland.
• A deputy was dispatched to a report of an unwanted person in the Friday Harbor area. The reporting deputy arrived, contacted the person who called, and trespassed one person from the property.
• A Lopez deputy investigated a hit and run collision to a parked vehicle at Odlin Park. There is no suspect information at this time.
• A deputy responded to a report of bicycle versus vehicle injury collision in Eastsound. The bicyclist was injured and treated by Emergency Medical Services. At this time, however, it is not known if a vehicle was involved or whether a vehicle struck the bicyclist.
• A Lopez deputy responded to two instances of tourists trespassing on private property.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for traveling 40 mph in a posted 25 mph speed zone. The driver was issued a citation for speeding .
• Another driver on San Juan was stopped for exceeding the speed limit, and received a citation for traveling 35 mph in a posted 25 mph speed zone.
• Two more drivers were stopped for speeding on San Juan, one for traveling 47 mph in a posted 25 mph speed zone; another for driving 42 mph in a 25 mph speed zone. Each received a citation for speeding.
• Deputies were dispatched to a runaway juvenile call in the Eastsound area. The juvenile was later located and returned home.
• A Lopez deputy and Lopez Fire & Rescue responded to an illegal fire at the Islander camping area.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for traveling 35 mph in a posted 25 mph speed zone. The driver was arrested for driving under the influence, obstructing a law enforcement officer and intimidating a public servant. The driver was booked into the San Juan County Jail.
• A deputy on Orcas stopped the driver of a vehicle near the ferry terminal for traveling 19 mph above the speed limit. The driver was issued a citation for the speeding violation.
• A Lopez deputy ticketed an unattended vehicle left in the ferry line as the late 12:45 p.m. sailing was loading.
• A deputy was dispatched to a report of an unwanted person in Eastsound. A trespass warning letter was issued.
• A deputy on San Juan took a report of found property.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a single vehicle roll-over collision. The driver was issued a citation for not having a valid driver’s license with identification, and an incident and collision report was made.
• Deputies were dispatched to a runaway juvenile call in the Eastsound area. The juvenile was unable to be located and was entered as a missing person. She returned home the following morning.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a late-night noise violation at a residence. The music was turned down and an informational report made.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a single vehicle accident with possible injury near the golf course. A report was taken and the single the occupant was found to be okay after being medically treated.
• In Friday Harbor, a deputy was contacted about a domestic incident. The person said that earlier they had observed some odd behavior between a couple. The deputy checked the area and took a report.
• A deputy responded to a single-vehicle traffic accident on San Juan. The vehicle left the roadway when the driver was distracted by a bee.
• A deputy received a report of a malicious mischief that occurred on Waldron Island. It was reported that logging equipment had been damaged. This case is still under investigation.
• A San Juan deputy was dispatched to a report of an animal-at-large at 255 Esther Lane. The owner of the animals was given a warning for having an animal at-large.
• A deputy took a report of a business manager entering an Eastsound residence, without permission, to leave a notification The reporting party wanted the incident documented but did not want any charges filed.
• A Lopez deputy was called to an incident where one party was allegedly threatening the other.