The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a walk-in report of a suspicious male.
• A Lopez deputy assisted a motorist with a disabled vehicle that would not start in the ferry line.
• A driver on Lopez was given a warning for speeding.
• San Juan deputies were dispatched to a report of a trespassing. The trespassing person had left the area before the deputies arrived.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of a parking problem in Friday Harbor. Three vehicles were towed.
• A deputy on Orcas took a report of apparent check fraud. There is a known suspect and the case is currently being investigated.
• A deputy on San Juan issued a driver a citation for failing to stop at a stop sign.
• A Lopez deputy was contacted about a civil issue regarding property damage that occurred more than two years ago.
• A deputy on San Juan issued a driver citations for speeding and for not having a driver’s license on their person.
• A San Juan deputy observed an order violation and a missing juvenile. The juvenile was taken into protective custody.
• A driver on San Juan was issued citations by a deputy for speeding, negligent driving and for not having proof of current insurance. The driver also received a warning for failing to signal a turn and for having a defective brake light.
• A Lopez deputy stopped and ticketed a driver for speeding 53 mph in a 35 mph zone on Center Road.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a residence about a malicious mischief complaint.
• Lopez deputies responded to a citizen dispute between neighbors that had escalated to where items were thrown and a shoving match developed. Parties had separated before deputies arrived and agreed no enforcement action was necessary.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor was contacted about a case of malicious mischief. The caller reported damage to their property.
• A deputy on Orcas issued a driver a citation for speeding 53 mph in a 35 mph zone.
• An Orcas deputy issued a driver a citation for speeding 37 mph in a 25 mph zone and for not having proof of insurance. The driver was arrested for driving with a suspended license in the third degree.
• A deputy on Orcas issued a driver a citation for speeding 39 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• A driver on Orcas was issued a citation for speeding 62 mph in a 40 mph zone.
• An Orcas deputy issued a driver a citation for speeding 47 mph in a 35 mph zone, for failing to renew the vehicle registration (expired for more than two months) and for not having proof of insurance.
• A deputy on San Juan located a wanted person who was then arrested on a felony no-bail (Department of Corrections) warrant and booked into jail.
• A deputy responded to a single-vehicle roll-over accident in Friday Harbor. The vehicle was towed from the scene.
• A deputy on Orcas issued a driver a citation for not having a valid driver’s license with valid identification.
• Orcas deputies are investigating a burglary in Eastsound wherein a shed had been broken into and an orange bicycle was taken.
• Deputies arrested a known suspect in Eastsound who had an arrest warrant. The suspect was able to post bail and promised to appear in court.
• Deputies on Orcas contacted a person who had been driving erratically. The person was subsequently arrested for driving under the influence of intoxicating liquor and/or drugs.