The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• An Orcas deputy was dispatched to report of a possible assault that took place on a roadway in Eastsound. Upon further investigation, it was determined a domestic violence assault took place. The suspect was arrested and transported to jail.
• A deputy was contacted in reference to an abandoned vehicle by a local tow company. The registered owner of the vehicle failed to redeem the vehicle from impound. The registered owner was issued an infraction for Littering/Abandoned Vehicle. A report was taken.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a traffic offense. A report was taken.
• A deputy took a report of a dog running at large. The dog was captured, the owner was identified and the dog was returned home. The owner was issued an animal at large warning letter.
• A deputy took a report of a suspicious circumstance in which a person’s mail had been cut open before she received it from the Post Office. A report was taken.
• Deputies on San Juan responded to an order violation. The deputies arrived at the residence and located the individual hiding in a vehicle behind a sheet. The individual was arrested and booked into jail for a protection order violation. A report was completed.
• Lopez deputies responded to a trespassing call. Deputies issued trespass warning letters to three unwanted visitors on private property.
• A case report was sent to the prosecuting attorney’s office for bail jumping due to not turning themselves in on a commitment.
• A San Juan deputy took a request for a welfare check. The involved party was found to no longer be on-island.
• A San Juan deputy noted an in-custody inmate appeared to have violated a DV no-contact order. Investigation revealed that they made a phone call to the protected party. The inmate was charged with violating the order.
• A deputy took a report of a juvenile that had obtained some prescription medications at his home. The circumstances surrounding the use of the medications are being investigated. Child Protective Services has been advised of the situation.
• A deputy on San Juan Island was dispatched to a report of a dog at large. The dog was returned to the owner and the owner was issued an infraction for a dog at large, third-degree offense.
• A deputy on San Juan Island was dispatched to a report of a theft. The investigation is ongoing.
• A deputy on San Juan Island was dispatched to a report of a violation of a protection order. A report was taken.
• A deputy on San Juan Island stopped a vehicle for speeding. The driver was issued an infraction for speeding, 63 miles per hour in a 45-mile-per-hour zone.
• A deputy contacted a minor that was under the influence. This case was sent to Juvenile Services for their assistance.
• A deputy on Orcas Island made a late-night traffic stop on a driver for speeding and running stop signs. Further investigation led to probable cause to arrest the driver for Driving Under the Influence of alcohol. The driver was processed and booked into San Juan County Jail.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to an agency assist call. After an investigation was completed, it was determined that Adult Protective Service would be handling the case.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a theft report. The matter is under investigation.
• A deputy on San Juan Island stopped a vehicle for driving the wrong way on a one-way street. The driver was issued infractions for going the wrong way on a one-way street and no valid operator’s license with ID.
• A Lopez deputy and the Lopez Fire Department responded to a structure fire in the village. The home was a complete loss. Fortunately, no one was harmed and the fire did not spread beyond the one building.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a theft callback. The reporting party was calling in to report a theft that had occurred in a different jurisdiction. An informational report was taken.
• A Friday Harbor man was suffering from a mental health episode. He was taken into protective custody and transported to the hospital.
• A deputy on San Juan Island stopped a vehicle for speeding. The driver was issued an infraction for speeding 51 miles per hour in a 35-mile-per-hour zone.
• A deputy on San Juan Island stopped a vehicle for failing to stop at a stop sign. The driver was issued an infraction for no insurance and given a warning for failing to stop at a stop sign.
Lopez Island deputies were dispatched to an unwanted person call.
• A deputy was advised that someone entered their home but had since left. All parties were contacted, and an informational report was completed.
• Deputies on San Juan Island responded to a report of a domestic incident. Upon investigation, it was learned that it was verbal in nature and no crime had been committed. A report was completed.
• The Lopez market called about a vehicle that was left without permission in their parking lot. A private tow at the owners’ expense will be initiated if the vehicle is not moved.
• Deputies on San Juan Island were dispatched to a report of an assault. A report was taken.
• A deputy on San Juan Island witnessed a person driving who was known to have a suspended license. Information was forwarded to the prosecuting attorney’s office.
• Deputies on San Juan Island searched for an individual with an active DOC felony warrant for their arrest. The individual learned that he was being looked for, and he fled. Deputies searched for him but were unable to locate him. Continued efforts will be made to find the individual.
• A detective on San Juan Island received a possible criminal complaint from a third-party source. The involved party has not reached out to the Sheriff’s Office. An informational report was completed.
• A Lopez Island deputy was dispatched to a property damage call near the ferry landing. The caller reported that their fence was damaged by a vehicle and evidence was left at the scene. The investigation is ongoing.
• A deputy on Orcas Island initiated a call regarding a dock attached to the Obstruction Pass County Dock. The person who tied it there was asked to remove it and did so. A short time later, the deputy received a report of the same person trespassing on a mooring ball.