The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A San Juan deputy took a report of an unwanted person at Peace Island Medical Center. The person had been discharged and was refusing to leave without speaking to a deputy. On contact, the person demanded food, water and a ride. They were provided with information for access to these needs.
• A Lopez deputy responded when a Lopez individual received fraudulent phone calls asking for their social security number. No information was given away and the individual’s bank was contacted.
• A Friday Harbor citizen found a large amount of cash and turned it over to the Sheriff’s Office. They were contacted by the owner and advised them where their money was. The funds were returned to the owner.
• Lopez Island deputies were contacted by an individual who had lost their keys in the village. An informational report was taken.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of trespassing. A male was found in possession of alcohol, which was against their court conditions of release. Approximately 10 minutes after the contact ended, the male was found with more alcohol obtained from another store.
• An Orcas Island deputy responded to Dolphin Bay Road for a littering call. A bag of trash was located on the side of the roadway. The owner was located, and the trash was removed.
• Lopez deputies were dispatched to an unwanted person call. The individual was found to have crashed their vehicle into brush on a private property. A local business owner assisted with the recovery of the vehicle.
• Lopez Island deputies were dispatched to a not-in-progress assault. The reporting party was contacted, and a report was taken. The investigation is ongoing.
• An Orcas Island deputy took a report of stolen license plates from a vehicle.
• Lopez EMS and a deputy responded when an elderly driver failed to negotiate a corner and crashed into a large patch of blackberry bushes. The driver was uninjured, and the vehicle was undamaged. A DOL evaluation request was filed.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of vandalism involving their window shattering while driving. It was evident that an object struck the side window of the vehicle but a search of the area was not successful in locating the source.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a motorcycle for traveling 82 mph on Bailer Hill Road. The driver was issued an infraction.
• An Orcas Island deputy investigated an allegation of an extortion through a social media site. The victim was coerced to send an unknown suspect money with the threat that photographs of the victim would be sent if money was not received. The investigation is ongoing.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a vehicle for multiple traffic violations. The trailer that the vehicle was towing was discovered to be stolen from Vancouver, Washington and a pipe was observed inside the vehicle. A search of the vehicle produced suspected powdered fentanyl and several items of paraphernalia.
• A deputy on Orcas Island responded to a Citizen Assist in Eastsound. A local business wished to lift a trespass warning letter on an individual, in order to give them a second chance. A report was completed.
• A deputy on Orcas Island spoke with a citizen who wanted to report that they felt like they were being harassed while riding their bicycle walking. A report was completed.
• A deputy on Orcas Island took a report of a person who was self-reporting mental health issues. Contact was made and the patient decided he wanted to voluntarily go to the hospital for assistance. The subject was transported via patrol boat to Friday Harbor.
• A deputy responded to a late-night collision on Orcas Island. Further investigation revealed there was probable cause to believe the driver and single occupant was impaired. The driver was flown off the island for medical treatment.
• A deputy on Orcas Island responded to a found property complaint. The deputy was unable to contact the owner.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a trespassing complaint. An uninvited guest showed up at the residence. The uninvited guest lost his car keys. The deputy provided him a courtesy ride to his residence.
• A deputy on San Juan Island was dispatched to a report of a shoplifter at a local grocery store.
• A San Juan deputy was advised that a citizen had questions regarding a court order. The deputy attempted to call them back, but they did not answer. The deputy left information on the person’s voicemail and requested a callback. No callback was received.
• A deputy was dispatched to a domestic incident at the ferry landing in Friday Harbor. The deputy arrived and observed a confrontation between the people involved. One person was arrested and booked for Violation of a Court Order.
• Lopez Island deputies were dispatched to a civil disturbance between a landlord and a tenant. It was determined that no crime had been committed. An informational report was taken.
• Lopez Island deputies were dispatched to a report of a theft in Lopez Village. A report was taken.
• A deputy on Orcas Island investigated a hit-and-run complaint. The deputy determined there was insufficient evidence that a crime had occurred.
• Lopez Island deputies were dispatched to a traffic hazard at the intersection of Fisherman Bay Road and Hummel Lake Road for a disabled vehicle. The vehicle that was blocking an intersection was removed by a local tow firm due to concerns for traffic safety.
• Deputies on San Juan Island responded to a report of a vehicle fire. The fire was put out successfully, and the driver was arrested and booked into the jail for DUI.
• A deputy on San Juan Island transported an in-custody individual for medical treatment. They treated and were cleared to return to jail.
• Orcas EMS responded to a woman who was falling over and intoxicated and trying to get in her car. She was given a courtesy ride home by Orcas EMS. She returned to her vehicle and was given a second ride home by a deputy.
• A deputy on San Juan Island responded to a report of an Order Violation. No violation had occurred, the reporting party was advised to petition for a new order.
• Deputies on San Juan Island and San Juan Fire and EMS responded to a report of an overdose. The 18-year-old had been administered Narcan before arrival and then refused medical treatment.
• A deputy on San Juan Island was dispatched to a possible case of animal neglect. Upon investigation, all animals on the property appeared to be well taken care of.
• A Lopez Island deputy was dispatched to a motor vehicle collision call.
• A Lopez Island deputy was dispatched to a trespassing complaint. Trespass warning letters were drafted.
• Deputies on San Juan Island responded to a report of a runaway juvenile. The juvenile was located and returned to the residence. One adult was taken into custody for Assault in the Fourth Degree- DV and Harassment- DV.
• Lopez Island deputies were dispatched to a report of a local man in a mental health crisis who stole a vehicle. The vehicle was located, and the driver was taken into custody without incident. He was charged with multiple crimes including property damage after destroying a row of mailboxes.
• Lopez Island deputies were dispatched to a death investigation. Evan’s Funeral Home was contacted, and a report was taken.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a reported assault between siblings.