The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls:
• On Wednesday at approximately 11:37 a.m., a deputy investigated a trespass complaint on San Juan Island. The suspects were contacted and issued a trespass letter.
• A deputy responded to a found property call. The property was located, no owner could be found and the property was submitted to the evidence room. A report was made. No further investigation.
• An Orcas Island deputy was dispatched to a littering call in the Eastsound area. The caller advised that someone had been illegally dumping trash and appliances on their property. The investigation is ongoing.
• A San Juan deputy issued a driver an infraction for not having insurance and a warning for defective brake lights in Friday Harbor.
• Lopez Island deputies responded to a Lopez Island residence to investigate a possible assault. The reported victim claimed no assault had occurred. A report was completed.
• Lopez Island deputies arrested a subject for assault in the fourth degree, domestic violence, after his girlfriend reported that he had assaulted her. The subject was transported to the jail in Friday Harbor to await a hearing.
• An Orcas deputy took a report of a theft of an iPad from a vehicle in Eastsound that had occurred in Eastsound on Sept. 9. The case is under further investigation.
• Deputies on San Juan responded to a report of a domestic incident. A report was taken.
• A deputy responded to a report of trespassing. The subject will be served a notice of trespassing.
• A Lopez Island deputy received an assault complaint. The reporting person stated another person punched him while he was on the ferry. The incident reportedly occurred after a disagreement between the two individuals over an alleged prior business arrangement. The investigation continues.
• San Juan deputies were advised of a runaway juvenile. The parent signed a pickup order, and deputies searched the area for the missing child.
• At approximately 6:27 a.m., a deputy investigated a prowler on San Juan Island.
• At approximately 12:15 p.m., a deputy responded to a domestic incident on San Juan Island. The incident was referred to another agency.
• A deputy spoke with a Lopez Island resident regarding a missing vehicle license plate. A report was completed.
• San Juan deputies conducted a traffic stop on Argyle Avenue. The driver had no license plate on the vehicle. Deputies issued a citation for criminal traffic offenses and also issued a traffic infraction.
• At approximately 9 a.m., a deputy investigated a traffic accident in Friday Harbor.
• A Lopez Island deputy took a report from a driver reporting that he had backed into a bank of mailboxes on Lopez Island, knocking them down.
• A deputy responded to a report of dumped items on private property. The incident was documented.
• A Lopez Island resident reported that hunters on a neighboring property had fired a shot that nearly struck the caller’s home.
• An Orcas deputy conducted a traffic stop on a motorcycle in Eastsound. The driver was issued a criminal citation for driving with a suspended driver’s license.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a single-vehicle accident near Olga. After an investigation, the driver was booked for driving under the influence and driving with a suspended license.
• An Orcas Island deputy stopped a vehicle on Olga Road. The driver, a local man, was subsequently issued a criminal citation for driving while license is suspended in the third degree.
• A loaded dump truck was spilling part of its load of gravel coming off the ferry on Lopez Island, creating a traffic and safety hazard. The operator returned with a sweeper and cleaned up the mess.
• A deputy responded to an animal-at-large call. Two dogs were running around and suspected of killing deer. A report was taken.
• A deputy responded to a report of a domestic incident. It was determined verbal in nature and an informational report was taken.
• An Orcas Island deputy stopped a vehicle on Olga Road. The driver was subsequently issued an infraction for speeding 35 mph in a 25 mph zone and issued a criminal citation for driving while licenses is in the third degree. He was issued a verbal warning for not having proof of insurance or registration in the vehicle.
• An Orcas Island deputy stopped a vehicle on Mount Baker Road. The driver was subsequently issued an infraction for speeding 50 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• A Lopez Island deputy stopped and ticketed a driver for speeding 38 mph in the 20 mph school zone on Center Road in front of the Lopez Island school campus.
• A San Juan Island deputy responded to a communications complaint in Friday Harbor. Information was gathered and an informational report was made.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped a vehicle for expired registration. The driver was arrested for driving suspended, and issued infractions for no insurance and expired tabs over two months.
• A Lopez deputy investigated a theft of personal items from an employee at the Islander Resort.
• The reporting deputy was dispatched to the Friday Harbor area in reference to threats. The reporting deputy arrived and made contact with the involved person. A report was taken.
• A Lopez Island deputy stopped and ticketed a motorist for speeding in the school zone on Center Road in front of the Lopez Island school.