The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A ticket was left on a vehicle parked in the Lopez Ferry Terminal line unattended as the ferry was being loaded for a sailing.
• A San Juan deputy was dispatched to an agency assist in Friday Harbor.
• A San Juan deputy was dispatched to hit-and-run of an unattended vehicle.
• A deputy responded to a delayed walk-in report of a hit-and-run in Friday Harbor. The reporting party stated the incident occurred 11 days ago, there was no suspect information or evidence and needed a case number for insurance.
• A deputy responded to a citizen dispute call in Friday Harbor. The incident was found to be civil and verbal in nature.
• An Orcas deputy issued a driver a citation for speeding 38 mph in a 25 mph zone near Eastsound.
• A Lopez deputy issued a citation to a motorist in the 100 block of Hummel Lake Road for not wearing a seat belt.
• A deputy completed a registered sex offender check on San Juan.
• Deputies responded to a report of a trespasser in Friday Harbor.
• Deputies responded to a domestic disturbance in Eastsound. A woman assaulted two people and caused damage to the home with a weapon. The woman was located and arrested the following day for felony and misdemeanor crimes.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a residential burglary near Eastsound. The suspect was arrested and booked into jail in Friday Harbor.
• A deputy was dispatched to agency assist in Friday Harbor.
• A Lopez deputy investigated a protection order violation.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a reported vehicle theft. The vehicle, which was located back at the residence, was taken without permission. The female suspect was reportedly highly intoxicated and had a suspended license. She was arrested and transported to the county jail.
• Deputies located a vehicle stopped on Douglas Road with its lights off. On contact, the driver was found to be intoxicated. After testing the driver for driving under the influence, the driver was issued a criminal citation and given a courtesy transport home.
• A San Juan deputy cited a driver for having a suspended or revoked license in the third degree, for not having insurance and issued a warned for expired vehicle registration.
• A deputy on Orcas issued a driver a citation for speeding 41 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• San Juan deputies received a report of child abuse.
• A San Juan deputy was contacted at the sheriff’s office in reference to a civil Issue. The person was provided information on how to handle the incident.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a vandalism complaint.
• An Orcas deputy issued a driver a citation for speeding 54 mph in a 35 mph zone on Orcas Road.
• An Orcas deputy issued a driver a citation for speeding 48 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• Deputies issued a vessel owner in Roche Harbor a citation for failing to carry a boater education card and a warning for not having type four life preserver on board.
• San Juan deputies responded to a two-car collision with a possible injury near Egg Lake Road. One of the drivers was issued a citation.
• An Orcas deputy issued a driver a citation for speeding 46 mph in a 25 mph zone on Lovers Lane.
• San Juan deputies responded to an address on Egg Lake Road for a report of an unwanted person. The person was contacted had a warrant for their arrest and was booked into jail.
• An Orcas deputy issued a driver a citation for speeding 34 mph in a 20 mph zone and not having insurance.
• A deputy was dispatched to Roche Harbor Road in reference to a single-vehicle wreck. The driver was pulled from the burning vehicle and transported off island for treatment.
• A San Juan deputy was dispatched to the Bellevue Farms Road area regarding a trespasser.
• Deputies investigated a report of a residential burglary at the north end of San Juan.
• Orcas deputies responded to a reported domestic dispute near the ferry landing. An investigation revealed the incident was civil in nature.
• A deputy on Orcas issued a driver a citation for speeding 42 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• A San Juan deputy issued a trespass letter at the request of a business owner.
• A Lopez deputy was sent to check on an injured otter along Bayshore Road. The otter was gone before the deputy arrived.
• A deputy took a report of an alleged theft in Eastsound. There is a possible suspect.
• A Lopez deputy was called regarding a landlord-tenant dispute.
• A deputy investigated a report of an order violation in Eastsound.
• An Orcas deputy stopped a vehicle for having expired registration. The driver was issued a citation for not having a valid operator’s license with identification, not having insurance and for the expired registration.
• A deputy on Orcas stopped a vehicle for speeding. The driver was arrested for driving while license suspended in the third degree, obstructing law enforcement, resisting arrest and issued a citation for speeding 38 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• A Lopez deputy issued a Seattle man a citation for speeding 52 mph in a 35 mph zone on Center Road.
• Two separate drivers were issued citations for prohibited U-turns in Friday Harbor.
• A found knife was booked into the Orcas Substation Property room.
• A participant in the inmate in-custody work crew program failed to report for work as required.
• A deputy responded to a report of a domestic dispute in Friday Harbor. Deputies discovered it was verbal only. One party was transported to the ferry landing.
• A San Juan deputy was dispatched to a construction site on Web Street regarding a traffic offense.
• A San Juan deputy took photos of alleged vandalism.
• A Lopez deputy investigated a single-vehicle wreck on Fisherman Bay Road. The vehicle had struck a tree and gone down an embankment into the mud flat of the bay. The driver was airlifted to a mainland hospital.
• An Orcas woman was arrested on a warrant and transported to jail to await arraignment.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a report of a hit-and-run collision.
• A deputy on Orcas issued a driver a citation for speeding 40 mph in a 25 mph zone and for not having insurance.
• A citizen requested a welfare check on a San Juan Island residence.