The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A deputy was dispatched to a report of a vehicle prowler in Friday Harbor. There are no suspects at this time.
• A Lopez Island deputy initiated a neglect investigation based on a referral from Adult Protective Services.
• Lopez Island deputies took a man into custody on a Walla Walla County arrest warrant. The man was transported to jail in Friday Harbor pending transfer to Walla Walla.
• An Orcas Deputy went to a citizen assist call. It was reported that one family member was keeping mail that had come from another family member.
• A Lopez deputy cited a California man for driving 39 mph in a 25 mph zone on Fisherman Bay Road.
• A deputy responded to a reported collision with an injury in Friday Harbor.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a theft call. There are no suspects at this time.
• A deputy was dispatched to the Friday Harbor area in reference to a hit-and-run of an unoccupied vehicle.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor arrested a subject on an outstanding warrant and booked them into the San Juan County jail.
• A Lopez deputy cited a Redmond man for driving 46 mph in a 25 mph zone on Fisherman Bay Road.
• A deputy on Orcas stopped a vehicle for having expired tabs and issued the driver a citation.
• A deputy stopped a car in Friday Harbor and issued the driver citations for not having a valid driver’s license, not having insurance and using an electronic device while driving.
• A deputy on Orcas arrested and booked a person with a warrant out for their arrest into jail.
• Lopez deputies investigated a road rage incident that resulted in the crime of harassment. A Lopez man was arrested the next day and booked into jail.
• A deputy was dispatched to a reported theft in Friday Harbor and arrested a person for shoplifting.
• An Orcas deputy stopped a vehicle for having an expired registration and issued the driver a citation.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a reported theft.
• Deputies on Orcas responded to a reported domestic dispute. After interviewing both parties, it was found that there was no physical altercation, verbal abuse,or threats made.
• A Friday Harbor deputy responded to a reported traffic offense and found that a street sign was damaged in a possible hit-and-run. There are neither witnesses nor leads at this time.
• A deputy on Orcas stopped a vehicle for speeding and issued the driver a citation for traveling 45 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• A deputy on Orcas stopped a vehicle with expired registration and issued the driver a citation.
• A deputy responded to a report of a theft of a purse from a vehicle in Eastsound.
• Deputies arrested a subject in Friday Harbor for an order violation.
• A deputy stopped a driver for speeding 46 mph in a 25 mph zone and issued the driver a citation.
• A Lopez deputy assisted another agency by checking a Lopez residence for a missing person. The missing person, who lives full time on the mainland, was not located at the residence. The homeowner said he has had no contact with the person for more than two years.
• A deputy was dispatched to the Friday Harbor area in reference to a commercial burglary. The deputy gathered several items of evidence, and an investigation continues.
• A deputy stopped a vehicle in Friday Harbor and issued the driver both a citation for not having insurance and a warning for passing on the right.
• A deputy initiated a traffic stop in Friday Harbor and issued the driver a citation for failing to obey a stop sign, having expired registration and failing to have the vehicle registered in the owner’s name.
• A Lopez Island deputy was called to a local business regarding a disruptive customer. The business owner asked the customer to leave and prohibited them from returning.
• A Seattle woman called a Lopez deputy for help locating her dog after it ran away.