San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• San Juan deputies were told about suspicious phone calls. The parties were contacted and a report was taken.
• A Lopez deputy received information about a possible order violation. The investigation found that the suspected violation did not occur.
• A deputy responded to a welfare check call in Friday Harbor. The deputy made contact with the individual who was transported by EMS to the hospital for medical treatment.
• Orcas deputies were dispatched to a non-injury motor vehicle accident.
• A deputy issued a driver on Orcas Road a citation for driving 55 mph in a 35 mph zone, for not having proof of insurance nor a license with them. The driver was warned about the improper display of license plates and a defective tail lamp.
• Deputies on San Juan responded to a report of a domestic disturbance.
• San Juan deputies responded to a complaint about a juvenile.
• A wallet was turned over to deputies on Orcas. The owner was located and the wallet was returned.
• San Juan deputies stopped a vehicle for speeding. The driver was issued a citation for not having insurance.
• A deputy was dispatched to a non-injury collision involving two vehicles in Friday Harbor. A collision report was completed and no citations were issued.
• A San Juan deputy warned the driver of a car about a defective brake light.
• A driver on San Juan was stopped for operating a vehicle without a driver’s license. Deputies cited the driver for not • having a valid operator’s license with ID and for having no insurance.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a vehicle for having a defective brake light. The driver was issued a citation for not having a valid operator’s license with ID and for having no insurance.
• A driver on San Juan was stopped for an expired vehicle registration. The driver was arrested for falsifying the vehicle license plate and issued a citation for an expired registration over two months and not having insurance.
• Lopez and Orcas EMS, along with deputies from both islands, local mental health and family support specialists, assisted a male who was having a mental health crisis. The patient was transported to the hospital for further treatment.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped the driver of a vehicle for having a defective head lamp and expired vehicle registration. The driver was issued a citation for not having insurance.
• The driver of a vehicle on San Juan was stopped for a defective brake light and issued a citation for not having insurance.
A San Juan deputy responded to a single vehicle collision. The driver was arrested for a hit-and-run and issued a citation for not having a valid operator’s license with ID and for driving too fast for road conditions.
Lopez deputies responded to an injury vehicle collision on Shark Reef Road. The driver, who was believed to be driving under the influence, was transported to a mainland hospital for medical treatment. The case is being criminally investigated.
A driver on Lopez was warned about failing to stop at a stop sign and not having a driver’s license.
A Lopez deputy issued a driver a warning for not wearing a seat belt.
Orcas deputies responded to the Eastsound area for an order violation. The suspect was located and arrested.
• A deputy responded to a reported domestic violation in Friday Harbor. One person was arrested for a fourth-degree domestic violence assault.
• An Orcas deputy was dispatched to Eastsound on the suspicion a wanted person was in the area. The person was located, arrested and transported to Friday Harbor.
• A deputy responded to a report of an assault in Friday Harbor. There wasn’t enough evidence to confirm that an assault occurred.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped the driver of a vehicle for having an obstructed license plate. The driver was issued a citation for the plate and for not having insurance.
• Lopez deputies responded to an early morning burglary at a local inn. The suspect was located, armed with a knife, hiding in a guest room closet. The local man was arrested and booked into jail.
• Deputies on Orcas responded to a report of a shooting. The victim suffered a single gunshot wound and flown to the Harborview Medical Center for further treatment. The investigation is ongoing.
• A San Juan deputy took a report from a citizen about receiving phone threats.
• A Lopez resident reported the theft of house moving logs that were cut up on site and taken for firewood. The matter is under investigation.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped the driver of a vehicle for speeding. The driver was arrested for driving with a suspended license in the third degree and issued a citation for speeding and for not having insurance.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a call about the found property. The caller was later found to be possession of drugs, arrested and released to seek treatment.