The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls:
• An Orcas deputy responded to a wanted person call. The subject was booked and released on bail.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a car with no license plates traveling southbound on Carter Avenue. The driver was cited for driving with a suspended license.
• A driver on Orcas Road received a speeding citation for passing other vehicles at 65 mph in a 40 mph zone.
• Deputies in Friday Harbor responded to reports of a person making threats and placed the subject in protective custody for further evaluation.
•A report of domestic assault resulted in deputies placing a suspect in protective custody for evaluation.
• A Lopez resident reported the theft of a parcel delivered to their mailbox.
• Deputies in Friday Harbor received a report of a motor vehicle accident the night before.
• A citizen in Friday Harbor reported his vehicle was prowled after it was left at a local business.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a report of the theft of building materials. The victims had found and confronted the suspect in the ferry line. The matter was resolved between the parties without the need for law enforcement action.
• San Juan deputies received a report of a domestic dispute. An investigation revealed no crime occurred.
• A San Juan deputy at the sheriff’s office received a request for a citizen assist.
• Deputies on Orcas located, arrested and transported a wanted subject to jail in Friday Harbor.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a reported trespassing Eastsound. The suspect was given a trespass warning letter and told that if they returned to the property they would be arrested.
• A Lopez deputy investigated damage to a property driveway gate caused by a vehicle.
• An Orcas deputy stopped a vehicle on Orcas Road. The driver received a citation for driving 59 mph in a 40 mph-zone and a warning for having no proof of liability insurance.
• Deputies responded to a report of a motor vehicle theft in the Friday Harbor area. The vehicle was located.
• A deputy contacted a caller about a shoplifting in the Friday Harbor area, and filed a report.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a vehicle for no turn signal, speeding and expired vehicle registration. The driver received a citation for expired registration over two months.
• An accident-with-injury near the ferry landing on Orcas resulted in the driver taken off island for medical evaluation.
• An individual was transported to the hospital for evaluation after San Juan units were dispatched to a suspicious incident in Friday Harbor.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a fight-in-progress. The suspect had left the scene but was later apprehended.
• After receiving a report that a vehicle was up in the trees off the side of the road, an Orcas deputy was surprised to see the car firmly planted on the ground after it apparently had collided with a tree.
• On San Juan, a deputy stopped a vehicle and issued the driver a citation for expired registration over two months.
• A report of a juvenile problem on San Juan resulted in the issuance of a pick-up order.
• A Lopez deputy investigated a suspicious vehicle found parked and unoccupied at a closed commercial building. The vehicle’s owner was located and determined to be legitimately on the premises.
• A speeding driver on Mt. Baker Road received a citation for traveling 41 mph in a 25 mph-zone.
• A deputy responded to an accident in the Friday Harbor area, which proved to be non-reportable. One person received a citation for a suspended license or revoked license in the third degree and for failure to provide proof of insurance.
• Before a Lopez deputy could respond to a report of a dog-at-large, the animal returned to its owner.
• A San Juan deputy took a report of found property and placed the items into safe keeping for the owner to retrieve.
• A deputy responded to a report of a juvenile problem in the Friday Harbor area.
• A Lopez deputy checked on the well-being of an elderly man who appeared confused and disoriented.
• Following a reported theft on San Juan, a deputy trespassed a subject from the establishment.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor received a report of found property and booked it into evidence. The owner of the property is unknown at this time.
• A Lopez deputy stopped and ticketed a driver for running a stop sign.
• The owner of a vehicle parked with a tire on the sidewalk in Eastsound, received a ticket for illegal parking.
• San Juan deputies stopped a vehicle with a defective tail light. The driver admitted to and cited for driving without insurance and a received a warning for that tail light.