The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor issued a driver a citation for failing to use a child restraint in a vehicle.
• No suspects have been identified in a report of property damage in Friday Harbor.
• A San Juan deputy issued a driver a citation for using a cellphone while driving.
• A deputy took a walk-in report of a theft for which there was no witness, no video and no evidence. There will be no further investigation due to an absence of workable leads.
• An Orcas deputy issued a citation for abandoning a vehicle at a local towing establishment.
• A driver was stopped on Orcas Road for driving 47 mph in a 35 mph zone and given a citation for speeding.
• Orcas deputies observed a man who fell off of a kayak and appeared to be intoxicated. The man was arrested for boating under the influence, obstructing a law enforcement officer and for assault in the third degree.
• A deputy conducted a traffic stop near Eastsound. The driver received a citation for driving without a valid license and a warning for speeding.
• Lopez deputies responded to a complaint of trespassers on private property who were seeking a vantage point to view the fireworks.
• A deputy on Orcas conducted a traffic stop. The driver was issued a warning for a defective brake light.
• Lopez deputies responded to a collision involving two boats near Odlin Park. There were no injuries and the matter is under investigation.
• A deputy conducted an early morning traffic stop for lane travel issues in Eastsound. Further investigation provided probable cause to believe the driver was driving under the influence of alcohol. The driver was arrested, processed, transported off island and booked into the San Juan County Jail.
• On Lopez, a deputy responded to a report of a traffic hazard Mud Bay Road. The object was removed and a report was completed.
• A deputy was dispatched to an unattended hit-and-run accident in Friday Harbor. There is no suspect information available.
• A Lopez deputy completed a report after being told of a citizen dispute at a local service provider.
• A deputy stopped a motorist after he saw him speeding near Lopez Village. The driver was issued a citation for speeding.
• A deputy responded to a Lopez home after the resident found a box of ammunition in their mailbox. It is not know who put the ammunition in the mailbox or why. The ammunition was taken for safekeeping.
• A driver on Orcas was issued a citation for speeding.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor stopped a juvenile driver with a permit who was operating the vehicle alone. The driver was issued a citation for failing to have a valid operator’s license with ID.
• On two separate occasions, Orcas deputies issued drivers citations for speeding.
• A deputy on Orcas conducted a traffic stop and issued the driver a citation for traveling 12 miles over the posted 40 mph speed limit.
• A vehicle for sale was tagged for displaying a for sale sign on a public road.
• A deputy responded to a disorderly persons’ complaint at a Lopez Island business. The victim stated two persons started cussing at her and being threatening after they accused her of almost hitting their dog with a car. The victim subsequently declined to press criminal charges.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped a vehicle for speeding, and the driver was issued a citation for traveling 43 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• A deputy on Orcas conducted a traffic stop and issued the driver a warning for driving after dark without tail lights.
• A bicyclist on Orcas received a warning for riding after dark without lights and reflectors.
• A deputy on Orcas conducted a traffic stop. The driver was issued a warning for a non-functioning headlight.
• By the time deputies responded to a fireworks complaint on Orcas, the fireworks had ceased.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor issued a driver a citation for improperly passing on the right.
• At the request of park staff, a Lopez deputy picked up a dog that had been running at-large at Odlin Park. Later, the dog’s owners came looking for the dog and claimed it at the sheriff’s office. A dog-at-large warning letter was issued.
• A deputy was dispatched to a hit-and-run accident in Friday Harbor. An investigation did not locate the suspect’s vehicle.
• A deputy on Orcas was dispatched to a fraud call. The victims gave a statement and produced bank documents. No suspects have been identified at this time.
• A deputy was contacted and a report was made regarding a problem with a juvenile on San Juan Island.
• On Orcas, a deputy conducted a traffic stop and issued the driver a warning for a faulty brake light.
• A driver on Orcas was stopped for speeding and issued a warning.
• Deputies stopped a driver on Orcas for exceeding the speed limit. The driver was issued a citation for traveling 42 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• Another driver on Orcas was issued a citation for speeding 38 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped a vehicle for speeding and the driver was issued a citation for traveling 41 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• A deputy conducted a traffic stop on Orcas and issued the driver a warning for speeding.