The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A Lopez deputy was dispatched to a harassment call.
• A San Juan deputy recovered two bags with tools from the side of the road.
• Deputies responded to the Eastsound area about a reported citizen dispute. A landlord was reportedly interfering with the tenants’ efforts to leave. The situation was mitigated, and the parties agreed to be civil.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a two-vehicle accident. A vehicle was driving southwest on Spring St, when another vehicle backed out of a parking space in front of Kings Market, striking the passing vehicle. The driver who was reversing was issued a citation for improper backing.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for traveling 35 mph in a posted 25 mph speed zone. The driver was issued citations for speeding and allowing a person under 16 to ride without a seatbelt. An additional warning was given for failure to sign the registration.
• A deputy was contacted about a hit-and-run accident on San Juan that had happened earlier in the month. Though the incident had already been cleaned up, the caller wanted it documented.
• A detective on San Juan received a referral from child protective services. CPS conducted an initial interview and found the allegations were unfounded, and a report was completed for informational purposes.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of suspicious packages. The items were collected and placed into evidence .
• A Lopez resident reported that a prowler had been on his property during the early morning hours.
• A San Juan deputy was contacted about a possible case of fraud. The caller said they had been contacted by another agency about a vehicle registered in their name. However, the caller did not own the boat trailer and did not know how it got registered in their name.
• In another report of fraud in Friday Harbor, a resident told deputies that they received a call from a government agency stating they were suspected of fraud. The agent had the person download an app to their phone giving the agent access to the phone. No loss had been reported.
• A Lopez deputy was dispatched to a sex offense. An initial report was taken; follow-up is required.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report that a handgun was found in a hotel room after the guest checked out. The owner was contacted.
• San Juan deputies responded to a report of a domestic incident and concluded that the incident was verbal only.
• A deputy was on foot in Eastsound when a person with a local business said that a customer had provided them with a counterfeit bill.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a request for a welfare check of an individual. The deputy found the individual to be under the influence of alcohol in violation of a court order but refused all offers of assistance. The information was then forwarded to the court probation officer.
• On San Juan, a deputy responded to a report of threats from a tenant. The emails did not meet the criminal criteria.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of an order violation. It was determined to be unenforceable,
• A Lopez resident reported suspicious activity by former employees of a local contractor who had worked on their home. A report was completed and linked to other activities from the same people.
• A deputy was dispatched to report of an order violation in the Friday Harbor area. The deputy arrived and contacted the people involved; ultimately, the incident did not rise to an order violation.
• A Lopez deputy reviewed several DOL records for a property owner attempting to clean up their land.
• A bicycle was found in Eastsound. The bike’s serial number was run and it was not reported stolen.
• On Lopez, a driver was issued a citation for traveling 58 mph in a 35 mph zone of Fisherman Bay Road.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a juvenile in a crisis. A resolution was found.
• San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for traveling 53 mph in a posted 35 mph speeding zone. The driver was issued a citation for speed.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle because the owner had a suspended driver’s license. The driver was issued a citation for driving with a suspended license-3rd degree and the report was forwarded for a DUI-condition-of-release violation as the driver had consumed alcohol.
• Deputies responded to a juvenile problem in Eastsound after the juvenile had left his home against his mothers wishes. The juvenile was located and returned home.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of found property. The owner was located and the property was returned.
• An off-duty deputy called in to report an erratic driver on Orcas traveling from the ferry toward Eastsound. Dispatch informed the on-duty deputy, who was able to locate and initiate a stop. The driver was issued a citation for negligent driving – 2nd degree.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle and issued them a citation for speeding – 66 mph in a posted 45 mph speed zone, and an additional warning.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for expired registration and for driving left of center. The driver was arrested for DUI.
• A small amount of drugs was found at the entrance to Mt. Grant on San Juan and turned over to the Sheriff’s Office for destruction.
• A deputy on San Juan was dispatched to a report of a theft.
• San Juan deputies along with Fire and EMS responded to a CPR in-progress call. The victim was found unconscious, not breathing, and had no pulse. The patient was flown off the island for more advanced care.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped the driver of a vehicle for failing to stop at a stop sign. The driver of the vehicle was issued a citation for driving without valid insurance and a warning for failing to stop.
• A citizen came into the San Juan County Sheriff’s Office to report problems with their spouse. No crime was determined and the deputy spoke about services that could help.
• On Orcas, deputies delivered an individual a trespass letter for a business.
• Deputies on San Juan responded to a welfare check of a juvenile. The deputies were welcomed into the residence and were shown around the house; they saw that the child had shelter, food, and water, and was appropriately clothed.
• Deputies were dispatched to a report of a domestic incident on San Juan. The incident was verbal only and the parties agreed to separate.
• San Juan County Sheriff’s Office deputies and Lopez Fire & EMS personnel were dispatched to a possible aircraft down near the airport. A search of the area yielded no evidence of a crash.
• A report of vandalism was taken in Friday Harbor. A flat tire and key marks on a car prompted an investigation that is currently underway.
• A deputy on Orcas was dispatched to a civil issue between two residents in Eastsound. After the investigation was completed, the reporting party just wanted the incident documented.
• Deputies on Orcas responded to a citizen dispute. An investigation indicated no crime was committed and a report was written for informational purposes.