San Juan County Sheriff’s office responded to the following calls.
• A deputy in the San Juan area responded to reported trespassing, contacted the involved person and filed a report.
• A Lopez deputy was called about a trailer unlawfully parked on private property. The trailer was checked and the reporting party was informed about the steps to remove vehicles from private property. No further action is necessary.
• An Orcas deputy responded to report of drug paraphernalia found at the ferry terminal.
• Lopez deputies responded to a report of a dog found on Mud Bay Road. The dog, apparently missing for a week, was reunited with its owner.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor cited a driver for speeding.
• A reported domestic dispute in Friday Harbor prompted a visit by deputies who found the dispute to be verbal only. The parties were separated for the evening.
• San Juan deputies were dispatched to a report of a stolen vehicle, which turned out to be a civil issue.
• A wanted person came to the Orcas substation and paid their bail amount. They were released with a court date.
• A San Juan deputy cited a driver for failure to have proof of liability insurance and issued a warning for a defective headlight.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a report of found stolen property. The property was located and the case is currently under investigation.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a citizen dispute regarding removal of a fence and clearing brush on a property line.
• Deputies took a report of a tenant in Eastsound causing problems with the neighboring tenants.
• A deputy on San Juan received and responded to a request for an agency assist.
• A Lopez deputy provided assistance with documentation for a resident’s court case.
• Deputies on San Juan took two separate reports of a theft on the island. Both incidents were documented.
• A driver on San Juan was stopped and issued a citation for having expired registration over two months.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a report of a theft. The suspects were located and arrested for first-degree criminal impersonation, third-degree theft and possession of a controlled substance.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to reports of threats of bodily harm.
• Deputies assisted Lopez EMS during an emergency medical assistance call.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a citizen assist and documented the incident.
• Deputies responded to a reported theft in the Olga area.
• A deputy responded to a non-aggravated assault call near Eastsound. All parties were interviewed and further follow-up is required.
• Orcas deputies were dispatched to a harassment call.
• A Lopez deputy was called to investigate a grounded, sunken sailboat in Fisherman Bay. The sailboat was blown ashore in the windstorm during the night, dragging its anchor. The owner was on site, beginning the clean-up and salvage process.
• A deputy was sent to investigate a report of horses running at-large on Lopez. By the time the deputy arrived, the horses’ owner had already secured the animals back in their pasture.
• Orcas deputies responded to a domestic violence call near Eastsound. After an investigation was conducted one of the parties was arrested for fourth-degree domestic violence assault.
• A deputy was dispatched to a domestic in the San Juan Island area, contacted the people involved and made a report.
• A driver on San Juan was stopped by a deputy and issued a citation for having an expired registration over two months.
• San Juan deputies stopped a vehicle for an expired registration. The driver was issued a citation for having an expired registration and driving without proof of insurance.
• A deputy was dispatched to a single vehicle traffic accident on San Juan Island. A vehicle had gone off the roadway and through a fence because of ice on the road.
• A Lopez property owner requested that a deputy check a vehicle that was believed to be abandoned on their property. The vehicle’s owner was contacted, and the deputy learned that the vehicle had broken down. The owner is working to get it moved as soon as possible.
• A Lopez driver received a warning for speeding.
• A deputy responded to a domestic incident in the Friday Harbor area.
• On San Juan deputy responded to a walk-in report of a threats call. After speaking with the reporting party it was found that no crime was committed and no further investigation is necessary.
• A Lopez deputy was asked to check on the welfare of a local resident. The person was contacted and in no distress or danger.
• A deputy in Eastsound conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle for failing to signal, failing to stop at a stop sign and for driving with their wheels off the roadway. The investigation revealed probable cause to arrest the driver for driving under the influence and the driver was processed and booked.
• A deputy responded to a call about a theft in the Orcas area.
• Orcas deputies were dispatched to a domestic assault in the Eastsound area. The suspect, a local man, was later located and arrested for fourth-degree assault and resisting arrest. He was treated for dog bites after being taken into custody.
• A Lopez deputy stopped and ticketed a local resident for driving 59 mph in a 35 mph zone on Center Road.
• A deputy was dispatched to a theft on the San Juan Island. The deputy contacted both involved parties about the incident.
• A Lopez driver received a warning for speeding and for failure to carry a driver’s license.
• A deputy received a report of a drug violation on San Juan. It was reported that drugs were found in their child’s room and the matter was referred to juvenile court.
• Deputies on San Juan responded to a domestic violence incident and arrested a subject for fourth-degree assault and third-degree malicious mischief.