The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• Deputies were dispatched to a report of unknown trouble in the Eastsound area. A person was arrested and the investigation is ongoing.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for traveling 34 mph in a posted 25 mph speed zone. The driver was issued citations for not having a valid license with identification and for not having insurance. Multiple warnings were also given.
• A deputy on Orcas was dispatched to a report of vandalism.
• Acting on an order from the San Juan County District Court, a Friday Harbor deputy took a man into custody and booked him into jail without incident.
• A Lopez resident asked a deputy to take several rounds of miscellaneous ammunition for safe disposal.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for speeding and failing to stop at a stop sign. The driver was issued a citation for failing to stop at a stop sign.
• San Juan deputies responded to a call regarding suspicious activity. A subject with local warrants was located, arrested and booked into jail.
• A Lopez resident requested assistance with a harassment situation.
• A Lopez deputy investigated a van versus motorcycle collision.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of a hit-and-run collision. There are no suspects at this time and the incident was documented.
• A deputy on San Juan issued a driver a citation for traveling 42 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for driving left-of-center. The driver was issued a citation for failing to wear a safety belt and a warning was given for driving left-of-center.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped the driver of a vehicle for speeding. The driver was arrested for driving with a suspended license-third degree and issued a citation for not having insurance.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a report of a domestic violence incident. The incident was found to be verbal, and no crime was committed.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped the driver of a vehicle who was found to have a suspended license and no required ignition interlock. The driver was arrested for driving with a suspended license in the third degree and an ignition interlock violation.
• A deputy on Orcas was dispatched to the public library to pick up two bikes that had been in the bike racks for over three weeks.
• A deputy conducted a welfare check at a Lopez residence after a person called and claimed that the juvenile children at the home were in danger because the parent was not home. The deputy determined that the parent was home and that the complaint was unfounded.
• A deputy conducted a traffic stop in Eastsound for lane travel and an improper stop at a stop sign. Further investigation revealed the probable cause to believe the driver was impaired by alcohol or drugs. The driver was then arrested, processed and released.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a report of an unwanted person. The complaint involved a conflict between a homeowner and an unwelcome tenant. No laws appeared to have been broken, and the homeowner was advised to petition the court to have the tenant evicted.
• A deputy on Orcas issued a driver a citation for speeding in Moran State Park.
• A deputy on San Juan conducted a welfare check. The subjects were contacted and the issue was resolved.