The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A deputy was dispatched to a domestic disturbance on San Juan. Once there, the deputy contacted all the persons involved; learned the incident was verbal only; and determined that no crime had been committed. The parties separated.
• Deputies were dispatched to an assault that had occurred the night before in the Eastsound area. After an investigation was completed one of the parties was arrested for fourth-degree assault – domestic violence.
• A San Juan deputy received a report about a citizen at risk.
• A deputy was dispatched to a report of a single-vehicle accident on San Juan. The reporting deputy located the vehicle involved in the incident and learned the accident was caused by an equipment failure.
• A San Juan deputy stopped issued a driver citation for failing to stop at a stop sign.
• Deputies received a call of reported vandalism near Eastsound.
• A deputy on Orcas was dispatched to a dog-at-large call. The owner of the dog was located and the dog was returned home.
• A Lopez deputy, Lopez Island Fire and Emergency Medical Services responded to a report of an unconscious person who might have been deceased. The county coroner also responded and confirmed the person had died. The cause of death is under investigation.
• An Orcas deputy was dispatched to someone possibly driving under the influence of intoxicants near the ferry landing. The vehicle was not located and the possible license plate did not match the vehicle described.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a suspicious call near the dump.
• San Juan deputies stopped the driver of a vehicle for using an electronic device while driving. The driver was issued a citation for failing to carry proof of insurance and for driving without a valid driver’s license.
• San Juan deputies received a request for a citizen assist request. After a lengthy conversation regarding a four-year-old incident, no crime was reported.
• On San Juan, a deputy was dispatched to a call for assistance. The caller was contacted via the phone and said she
was having problems with an ex-boyfriend. The caller was provided advice and a report was made.
• A deputy was dispatched to an animal problem on San Juan. The caller reported that while walking her dog, another dog had
attempted to attack it. The deputy was unable to locate the dog or the dog’s owner after searching the area.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor responded to a citizen’s request for assistance. It was unknown what assistance the citizen needed because they screamed incoherently at the responding deputy.
• A deputy contacted a complainant on Orcas about a civil custody matter.
• A deputy on Orcas was dispatched to the burglary of a building in Eastsound. A report was filed and the burglary is currently under
• A deputy responded to a call about a theft near Eastsound. The owner had the serial number to a saw that had been stolen and it was entered into a database. There are no suspects at this time.
• A deputy was contacted about a dog-at-large on San Juan. The person reported two dogs chasing her pets. A warning letter was issued.
• A San Juan deputy was contacted about a trespassing and contacted the people involved.
• A San Juan deputy was contacted about a suspicious circumstance. The person had information about a possible medical problem.
• A Lopez resident found a dog roaming the area near her home. The owner was contacted and picked up their dog.
• Deputies on San Juan responded to a report of trespassing. Two people were contacted, and their vehicle was impounded pending a narcotics investigation.
• Deputies on Orcas responded to a trespassing complaint. The suspect was trespassed, arrested on an outstanding warrant and also charged with additional drug-related charges.
• A Lopez deputy investigated the natural death of a resident.
• A deputy on Orcas who, on March 17, received property from an Orcas resident that belonged to another resident, booked the property into evidence for safekeeping.
• A deputy on San Juan was contacted about found property. The items were recovered and entered into evidence.
• A Lopez deputy was called about a suspicious vehicle seen at a residence. The vehicle belonged to a worker who was there at the request of a family member.
• A deputy on Orcas received a report of a missing person. An investigation was conducted and the missing person was last seen in Oregon state.
• A Lopez Island deputy was contacted about a civil issue.
• A deputy on Lopez assisted a person in obtaining a package that was delivered in error.
• On Lopez, a deputy discovered a tree down that was blocking a portion of Shark Reef Road. Public Works responded to clear the hazard.
• A Lopez deputy was called about a civil dispute.