Submitted by Washington State Parks
The Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission will hold its next regular bi-monthly commission meeting virtually on Jan. 28.
At the meeting, the Commission is expected to take action on the U.S. Navy’s proposal to conduct special operations training in 28 state parks. Read the proposal at https://www.parks.state.wa.us/1168/Navy-training-proposal.
Other Commission action items include:
• Documenting their conclusion that the agency director performed satisfactorily in 2020, and that a meaningful evaluation process was used to reach this conclusion.
• Approving the agency priorities for 2021.
The commission will hear staff reports and updates on:
• The status of 2019-21 biennium revenues and spending; 2021-23 budget information will also be presented.
• The status of the remote 2021 Legislative Session.
• In other business, the Commission will elect officers for 2021, transfer the gavel to the 2021 Commission chair, recognize 2020 Commission Chair Steve Milner and determine committee assignments for commissioners.
The meeting will be held via WebEx and streamed live on TVW with a call-in option for those who cannot access the online streams.
A virtual work session is scheduled the day before the regular meeting on Wednesday, Jan. 27. Work sessions are open to the public; however, there will be no opportunity for public comment, and the commission will not take any formal action.
The commission will not take oral public comments during the regular meeting.
The commission will have a work session from 9 a.m. to about 3:45 p.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 27 and its regular meeting from 9 a.m. to about 4:15 p.m. on Jan. 28.
To attend the work session, visit https://bit.ly/3sOT0Zl. And for the regular meeting, visit https://bit.ly/2KFBVQy. The password for both events is WAP@rks2021.
You can also watch the regular meeting on TVW, http://bit.ly/3c71ZPX.
To phone in to the meeting, call 415-655-0001. The work session access code is 177 093 5469 and the regular meeting access code is 177 271 7815.