The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A driver on Lopez was given a warning for speeding in a school zone.
• A Lopez deputy checked a residence in response to a burglar alarm activation. The home was found secure.
• A San Juan deputy was dispatched to an ongoing noise complaint. Both parties were contacted and a report was made.
• A San Juan deputy issued citations to a driver for speeding and instructional permit violation.
• A driver on Lopez received a warning for speeding.
• A deputy responded to a citizen-assist near Eastsound. Both parties were spoken with and it was resolved civilly.
• A San Juan deputy was dispatched to a report of an abandoned bike near English Camp. The bike was stored and a report was made.
• San Juan deputies responded to a report of a sex offense.
• A Lopez deputy was contacted by Adult Protective Services regarding a case of possible financial exploitation.
• A welfare check was requested for a Lopez resident. The caller was referred to the resident’s caretaker.
• A San Juan deputy issued a driver a citation for speeding.
• A San Juan deputy was dispatched to an agency assist.
• A deputy on Orcas conducted a civil standby for a citizen who retrieved some property from a former place of residence.
• An Orcas deputy was dispatched to a call about an unwanted person in the Deer Harbor area. The man was located and trespassed from the business.
• A deputy on San Juan observed a subject violating a protection order. The subject was arrested for violating a domestic violence no-contact order and protection order.
• A deputy on Orcas conducted a traffic stop. The driver was issued a citation for speeding 59 mph in a 40 mph zone.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a hit-and-run. The suspect was located and arrested for hit-and-run.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a report of a hit-and-run. Several mailboxes, a power box, two cable boxes and trees were damaged. There is no vehicle suspect at this time.
• Orcas deputies were dispatched to a welfare check. The subject was taken to the hospital and a report was made.
• A deputy on Orcas conducted a traffic stop. The driver was issued a citation for speeding 57 mph in a 40 mph zone.
• A Lopez deputy ticketed a vehicle that was illegally parked along Fisherman Bay Road in front of the dump.
• San Juan deputies were advised of a sex offense via a third party.
• A San Juan deputy was contacted about an unattended hit-and-run. The person reporting the incident provided a written statement, and photos were taken of her vehicle.
• A deputy responded to a delayed report of a theft from a business in Friday Harbor. Due to the delay, a report was taken and a probable cause statement for theft was referred to the prosecutor’s office.
• A Lopez parent reported a physical altercation between her son and another student. School administrators investigated the incident and met with the involved students’ parents.
• A Friday Harbor deputy responded to a walk-in report of fraud. The alleged incident occurred out of state, a report was made, and the report was forwarded to the out-of-state law enforcement agency.
• A San Juan deputy was dispatched to a medical response.
• A U.S. passport was found and turned in to a Lopez deputy. The owner was located and the passport was returned.
• A deputy on Orcas issued a driver a citation for speeding 53 mph in a 35 mph zone.
• An Orcas deputy was dispatched to a traffic hazard in the Eastsound area.