The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• An abandoned bicycle was turned in on Orcas and logged into evidence.
• An Orcas deputy took a report of a lost credit/debit card.
• A deputy responded to a potential assault incident between two students at a school on Orcas. A report was completed and juvenile services were notified.
• A deputy took a report of a theft of a laptop from the Eastsound area. The case continues as potential leads are being investigated.
• A San Juan deputy took a third-party report of abuse. The victim was contacted and said they did not wish for any investigation to ensue at this time.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a solo vehicle accident on Olga Road. The driver was contacted and an investigation found that no injuries were reported, and weather conditions were a factor in the accident.
• Deputies on San Juan were dispatched to a report of an order violation. Once investigated, the report was forwarded to the court.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a report of a theft. A juvenile was identified as the suspect, and the incident was referred to the San Juan County Prosecutor’s Office.
• A San Juan deputy took a report of a stolen golf cart; the owner completed a motor vehicle theft report.
• Lopez deputies were dispatched to a domestic disturbance. Though the suspect fled the scene on foot prior to the arrival of the officers, the suspect’s dogs led deputies to his location – under an overturned skiff on the beach – and he was apprehended without incident.
• A Lopez deputy investigated a two-vehicle collision. Information was exchanged and a report was completed.
• A resident on Lopez called about an abandoned vehicle. The vehicle belonged to a neighbor’s relative, and the parties will get in contact with them.
• A Lopez deputy was dispatched to a fraud call. An island resident lost a large sum of money in a fraudulent Facebook Marketplace transaction. The investigation is ongoing.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped a vehicle for a white light to the rear. The driver was issued a citation for not having insurance and was given a warning for white light to the rear.
• A deputy on San Juan was dispatched to a report of threats. A subject was located and taken into custody for harassment.
• A Lopez resident requested a welfare check on their neighbor. All was well.
• On San Juan, a deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for driving an unsafe vehicle. The driver was given a citation for not having a valid operator’s license with ID and for failure to provide proof of insurance.
• A deputy on Orcas was contacted by the public high school after the principal found a controlled substance in a student’s backpack. The school took disciplinary action and turned the substance over to the Sheriff’s Office. A report will be forwarded to juvenile services.
• A deputy received a report of a counterfeit $100 bill at a market in Friday Harbor. The owner thinks he received the bill in a series of sales he made on Craigslist. The bill was taken and booked into evidence.
• A deputy on San Juan received a report of fraud. The victim reported that her computer was taken over and she talked to someone claiming to be “MSN Security.” The deputy called the number and talked to someone who was clearly trying to scam people.