The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a complaint of the drugging of a community member. The victim was interviewed and transported to the hospital for examination.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of people taking driftwood from National Parks land. While driving to the call, the deputy observed a vehicle matching the description and stopped it as the trailer did not have a license plate. The driver received multiple citations.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of child abuse.
• A Lopez deputy was sent to check on the well-being of a person. The person was located and assured the deputy all was well.
• A San Juan resident reported an unknown person inside his residential garage. A deputy located the suspect, who was identified.
• A deputy on Orcas collected firearms from a citizen who no longer wanted them.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of a burglary at a business in Friday Harbor. Evidence was collected but there were no cameras in the area and are no suspects at this time.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a juvenile for driving without a driver’s license. The juvenile driver was issued citations for not having a valid license with identification and for operating a motor vehicle without insurance. The parent was also mailed a citation for allowing a minor to drive without a license.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a traffic offense and documented the incident.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of vandalism in Friday Harbor where a window was broken out of a vehicle. There were no cameras in the area, and there is no suspect information at this time.
• A Lopez citizen asked a deputy to dispose of some old rifle ammunition.
• San Juan deputies responded to a report of a domestic assault and arrested a juvenile for fourth-degree domestic violence assault. The juvenile was transported to the sheriff’s office.
• San Juan deputies responded to a domestic disturbance at the ferry terminal. When the deputies arrived, one person had left and the other remained. An investigation determined no crime had happened and the remaining person was released.
• An Orcas deputy was dispatched with Orcas Fire and Rescue to a vessel accident with injuries.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of a burglary in Friday Harbor. Partial fingerprints were lifted from a window but there were no cameras in the area and a suspect description could not be obtained.
• A GoPro camera was found on the ground at the top of Mt. Constitution and turned over to deputies at the Orcas sub-station for safekeeping.
• Deputies on Orcas responded to a suspicious circumstance. After an investigation, however, it was determined no crime had been committed.
• A deputy was dispatched to an accident in Friday Harbor. When the deputy contacted the driver involved in the accident, they were arrested for driving on a suspended license. The accident was not reportable.
• Lopez ferry workers called for assistance with a problem driver. The driver was later located and cited.
• A couple visiting Lopez backed their truck into a ditch and got stuck. A Lopez deputy helped the couple connect with a local tow service.