The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• An Orcas deputy was dispatched to a welfare check.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a domestic dispute and arrested someone for domestic violence assault.
• A vehicle was issued a parking citation for violating the 72-hour limit in Lopez Village.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a vehicle and the driver did not have a driver’s license. Infractions were issued for not having a valid license with ID and not having insurance.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of a traffic offense. The driver was contacted and a report was made.
• San Juan deputies took a report of a weapon offense. The incident was investigated and no criminal activity was noted.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped a vehicle on Park Street for displaying another vehicle’s license plates. The driver was arrested on an out-of-county warrant, driving on a suspended license and false registration. The driver was also issued a citation for not having insurance.
• A deputy on Orcas conducted a death investigation.
• A Lopez deputy responded to an animal bite call. The victim was bitten by their own dog and suffered an injury.
• A deputy was dispatched to the San Juan area on an agency assist pertaining to drugs.
• A deputy was dispatched to an unwanted person call in the Friday Harbor area. No crime was committed.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a trespassing complaint. The complainant did not wish to pursue charges. The suspect was escorted from the property.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a vehicle for having expired registration over two months. The driver was issued citations for expired registration and not having insurance.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a vehicle and the registered owner did not have a driver’s license. The driver was issued a citation for not having a valid license with ID.
• A driver on Lopez was issued a citation for traveling 55 mph in a 35 mph zone.
• A driver on Lopez was issued a citation for traveling 60 mph in a 45 mph zone.
• San Juan Deputies responded to a reported natural death.
• A deputy was dispatched to a found property call in the Friday Harbor area. The item was picked up by the deputy, and the owner retrieved it at the sheriff’s office.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a citizen dispute. One of the involved people was removed from the property.
• Lopez deputies responded to a domestic call. Upon investigation, the incident was determined to be verbal only.
• An Orcas deputy was dispatched to a reported theft.
• San Juan Fire and EMS, Orcas Fire and EMS and San Juan County deputies responded to a report of an aircraft down in the water off Blakely Island. The occupants were able to extricate themselves and swim to shore before the aircraft sank.
• Orcas Fire and Rescue personnel happened upon a single motorcycle collision. The operator was pronounced dead at the scene.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a two-car, non-injury collision in Friday Harbor.
• An Orcas deputy was dispatched to a local business for a report of two abandoned bicycles. They were impounded.
• A deputy was contacted in reference to property damage on San Juan. The person reported a vehicle had struck a fence on the property they caretake. The driver of the vehicle provided all his information.
• An Orcas deputy took a report of vandalism at a local business.
• A vehicle was issued a parking citation for a 72-hour violation in Lopez Village.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a vehicle and the owner did not have a driver’s license. The driver was arrested for driving under the influence.
• A deputy was dispatched to a suspicious circumstance in the Friday Harbor area. The person said it appeared that someone had “messed” with their motorcycle.
• Orcas deputies responded to a domestic call. It was determined that no crime was committed, and the argument was verbal only.