The San Juan County Sheriff’s office responded to the following calls.
• A deputy responded to an ongoing civil dispute in the Doe Bay area. The incident was settled by contact.
• Orcas deputies responded to a report of a nude male running in the roadway. Upon arrival, a deputy attempted to restrain the subject. After a brief struggle, the subject was placed in protective custody.
• Deputies responded to an address on Orcas about an ongoing family dispute. It was discovered that one brother had locked a door to a cabin from the outside, preventing the other brother from leaving. One of the brothers was arrested for unlawful imprisonment and booked into jail.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for expired registration more than months. The driver was arrested for driving under the influence and was booked into the San Juan County Jail. The driver also received a citation for an expired registration.
• A deputy on Lopez responded to a complaint of a criminal trespass. It was determined no crime had occurred.
• Deputies were dispatched to a domestic incident in Eastsound. After an investigation was completed it was determined that the suspect was the person that called and then fled the scene. The case is ongoing until the suspect is located.
• A deputy on San Juan was contacted by a courthouse employee regarding a verbal altercation with a homeless person on the courthouse lawn. A report was made and a probable cause statement was referred to the Prosecutor’s Office.
• On two separate occasions, deputies were called about a dispute with a homeless person outside local businesses in Friday Harbor. A report was made and a trespass letter was served to the person involved.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle because the driver was unlicensed. The driver was issued citations for not having a valid license with ID and for operating a motor vehicle without insurance.
• A deputy responded to a residence on Lopez to investigate a report of an unattended death of a person. It was learned the decedent had been under hospice care. The county coroner was notified and is conducting further investigation.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a violation of a no-contact order near Doe Bay. After an investigation was completed the suspect was arrested and transported to jail in Friday Harbor.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for traveling 46 mph in a posted 25 mph speed zone. The driver was issued a citation for speeding.
• A deputy contacted a juvenile who was violating his curfew in Eastsound. It was discovered that the juvenile had been consuming alcohol, and resisted arrest. Tobacco and marijuana products were found on him in a search incident to arrest. The case has been forwarded to Juvenile Court.
• A Lopez resident reported a wandering dog. The dog was collected and reunited with its owner a few hours later.
• A deputy was dispatched to a theft in Eastsound. The suspect was located and arrested.
• A woman on Orcas reported an attempted fraud when a suspect attempted to get her to post bail for a family member who was not arrested. This is an ongoing scam.
• A Lopez resident reported a trespasser on his property. The subject was gone when deputies arrived and, when contacted later, was surprised to learn that the area in question was, in fact, private property.
• A Lopez resident reported a possible violation of a protection order. The information was forwarded to the court.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a report from the post office that a roadside mailbox was found full of fireworks. The deputy seized the fireworks as contraband for disposal. The resident was contacted about the fireworks in the mailbox.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped the driver of a vehicle for speeding. The driver was issued a citation for traveling 64 mph in a 45 mph speed zone.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a report of a domestic dispute. Deputies found the single occupant was screaming and was advised to keep the noise down.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped the driver of a vehicle for failing to stop at a stop sign. The driver was arrested for driving on a suspended driver’s license and issued a citation for not stopping at a posted stop sign.
• On two separate occasions deputies on San Juan responded to reports of a domestic dispute. When deputies arrived on the scene they found no one in the described area. Each incident was documented.
• A Lopez deputy was called regarding found property. The item was collected and placed into evidence for safekeeping pending identification of its rightful owner.
• A deputy made a traffic stop on San Juan. The driver was contacted and issued a citation for exceeding the posted speed limit.
• A deputy on San Juan observed a driver with a suspended license operating a motor vehicle. Driving on a suspended license charges were referred to the prosecutor’s office.
• A deputy on Orcas was dispatched to a trespassing call at Country Corner. The suspect was gone by the time the deputy arrived. A report was taken and the suspect is still at-large.
• A San Juan deputy was dispatched to a report of disorderly conduct.
• A deputy took a theft report near Deer Harbor. Someone had stolen an anchor out of someone’s yard. There are no suspects at this time.
• A San Juan deputy was dispatched to a report of a theft that occurred the day before. An investigation was completed and there are no workable leads at this time.
• A deputy stopped a driver on Lopez for speeding. After a record check, the driver was found to have a suspended driver’s license and is required to have an ignition interlock device on the vehicle.
• A Lopez deputy took a report of a theft of a kayak paddle.
• A deputy on San Juan was contacted about a photo id that was found on the ground.
• Deputies on Orcas responded to a trespassing complaint. The suspects were contacted and issued verbal trespass warnings.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped the driver of a vehicle with defective taillights and an expired registration. The driver was issued citations for not having insurance, not having the registration in the vehicle and for defective taillights.
• A Lopez deputy took a report of a Social Security scam call.
• The deputy was dispatched to a report of alleged child neglect in the San Juan area and contacted the person reporting the incident.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for traveling 53 mph in a posted 35 mph speed zone. The driver was issued a citation for speeding.
• A deputy was dispatched to a theft on San Juan. The caller was contacted and a report taken. There is no suspect, information or workable leads at this time.