The San Juan County Sheriff’s office responded to the following calls.
• A deputy responded to a report of a dog and two puppies running loose in the road in Friday Harbor. The dogs were picked up, an owner was unable to be located, and the dogs were taken to the animal protection society shelter.
• A Lopez resident discovered a small quantity of oil deposited on his property and two locations downstream. A deputy took a report of the suspicious activity.
• An Orcas deputy investigated a non-injury collision on the 800 block of North Beach Rd.
• San Juan deputies responded to a report of a domestic incident. No crime was committed and the incident was documented.
• A confused mainland citizen called the sheriff’s office after they arrived on Lopez and discovered they did not have cell service for map navigation. A deputy assisted the citizen in finding their destination.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of the theft of a political sign.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of a found leg brace and shoe in Egg Lake. The property was entered into evidence for safekeeping.
• An Orcas deputy took a report of stolen license plates.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a report of child abuse. Initial contacts were made by the deputy and the investigation is ongoing.
• Deputies on Orcas responded to a domestic incident. No crime had been committed and one of the involved parties left the residence.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a report of a domestic violence incident. A person attacked their partner with a hatchet while violating a court order for protection from a previous incident. The suspect was arrested for first-degree assault, a felony order violation, and obstruction.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a report of a vehicle prowl. The suspect was located and found to be in crisis. The vehicle’s owner did not want to pursue criminal action. The suspect refused help and ran away. Due to HB 1310 Deputies were unable to detain the subject.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a report of a prowler on a boat. The boat’s owners were awakened by an individual in a state of crisis on their boat. The subject refused to seek the help they needed and due to HB 1310 deputies were unable to detain the subject.
• A San Juan deputy was dispatched to a trespasser on a ferry. The trespasser was suffering from a crisis and was taken to the hospital for voluntary treatment.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a person who stated that a neighbor attempted to lure their child into their residence. After investigating the incident, the deputy’s report was sent to the prosecutor’s office for a charging decision.
• A deputy on San Juan took a cold report of suspicious activity via cell phone text messages. The messages appeared to be a scam. The deputy was unable to get a hold of the victim for follow-up.
• A deputy was dispatched to a communication call in Friday Harbor. The deputy contacted the caller and discovered the incident was related to a previously reported incident. Evidence was taken and a report was made.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a suspicious circumstance at a residence in Eastsound.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a motorist on Roche Harbor Road for a traffic violation. The driver was issued a citation for speeding – 58 mph in a 45 mph zone.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for speeding. The driver received multiple warnings and a citation for not having insurance.
• A Lopez deputy stopped and ticketed a driver for speeding, 56 in a 35 mph zone on Center Road.
• A deputy observed a person with an active warrant in the Friday Harbor area. The person was contacted, taken into custody, and booked into jail on the warrant.
• A deputy contacted a citizen on Lopez who was requesting information about keeping their elderly parent from purchasing firearms.
• On San Juan, a deputy arrested a person on an active felony warrant issued out of San Juan County Superior Court. The person was booked into jail without incident and is awaiting a hearing.
• A deputy responded to a citizen assist call on San Juan. After an investigation, a report and a probable cause statement were generated and referred to the prosecutor’s office.
• Vandals flattened several tires on school buses parked at Lopez School during the night. The incident is under investigation.
• A deputy was dispatched to a single-vehicle traffic accident on San Juan after the driver had driven their vehicle off the roadway. The driver was contacted and received several citations.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a trespass complaint in Eastsound. The suspect was not on the scene, and the investigation continues.