The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A San Juan deputy responded to an agency assist.
• A San Juan deputy responded to an agency assist at the hospital. The person involved was located and admitted for medical treatment. A report was made and forwarded to Adult Protective Services.
• Orcas deputies assisted an agency with a call near Eastsound.
• A deputy responded to a medical issue at the Sheriff’s Office in Friday Harbor involving an inmate. The subject was transported to the hospital for medical treatment.
• A deputy initiated a traffic stop in Friday Harbor for a driver failing to signal a turn. The driver was found to have an out-of-county warrant and was taken into custody.
• Orcas deputies were dispatched to an active dog fight. Orcas Fire and Rescue responded to the scene to evaluate one of the owners who had been bitten multiple times. The investigation is ongoing.
• Lopez deputies were notified of a possible incident of child abuse. Child Protective Services conducted an investigation.
• A Lopez deputy was called to check on an abandoned vehicle.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a call about an animal at large. The deputy was able to contact the owner of the dog and reunite them.
• A deputy responded to a trespassing complaint. A trespass letter was generated and will be served to the individual when he is located.
• An Orcas deputy responded to an accident with no injuries near Olga. The at-fault driver was issued citations for not having proof of insurance, for having wheels left of center and improperly displaying tabs.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor issued a driver a citation for having expired vehicle registration and a warning for a defective taillight.
• San Juan deputies responded to a report of graffiti. The incident was documented.
• A Lopez man was arrested for a local warrant. Bail was posted and the man was released pending further court action.
• A Lopez deputy responded to an illegal camping complaint on Tower Drive. The owner of the RV stated he was not aware that it was illegal to park his RV in Lopez Village and sleep in it over night. He located an alternate location and moved. A verbal warning was given and a report was completed.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a driver for failing to wear a seat belt. The driver was issued an citation for the seat belt violation and was given warnings for an obstructed license plate and
• A San Juan deputy pulled a motorist over for failing to wear a seat belt. An citation was issued for the seat belt violation and warnings were given for having an obstructed license plate and defective brake light.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a motorist for failing to wear a seatbelt. An citation was given for driving without insurance and a warning was
given for failing to wear a seat belt.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a motorist for having a defective brake light. The driver was arrested for driving without an ignition interlock and given a citation for driving without a license.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a motorist for having an obstructed license plate. The driver was arrested for driving under the influence and given a citation for the obstructed plate.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a burglary complaint. The victim was contacted and an investigation commenced.
• An Orcas deputy was dispatched to a lost property call.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a motorist for having an obstructed license plate and failing to wear a seatbelt. The driver was issued citations for failing to wear a seat belt and operating a motor vehicle without insurance. A warning was given for the obstructed plate.
• A Lopez deputy and EMS responded to a deceased person.
• A Lopez deputy stopped and ticketed a driver for speeding 50 MPH in a 35 MPH zone on Ferry Road.
• A deputy on Orcas conducted a traffic stop. The driver was issued a warning for speeding.
• A deputy on Orcas conducted a traffic stop. The driver was issued a citation for speeding.
• A debit card was found in Lopez Village and turned in to the sheriff’s office.
• A Lopez deputy received a credit card that had been found in the parking lot of a Lopez Village business. A found property report was taken.