The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of theft. There are no suspects or leads at this time.
• A San Juan deputy was dispatched a death investigation on Park Street. On arrival, the deputy found the person appeared to have passed of natural causes.
• A deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for an expired registration in Eastsound. The driver was issued citations for an expired registration and for not having insurance.
• A San Juan deputy responded to the theft of a political sign. At the time of the report, there were no suspects or leads.
• A deputy responded on San Juan to a report of theft that occurred approximately a week prior. There are no suspects or leads at this time and the incident was documented.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a theft complaint. The investigation is ongoing.
• San Juan deputies conducted a welfare check. The subject was contacted and did not appear to be a threat to themselves.
• A San Juan deputy was dispatched to a medical response. After lifesaving attempts were made, the person was found to have passed away of natural causes. A death report was sent to the coroner.
• Twice, an Orcas deputy issued vehicle owners citations for abandoning vehicles at a local towing establishment.
• A Lopez resident reported a possible violation of a protection order. The contact was documented for the court to review.
• A deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for speeding near Eastsound. The driver received a citation for traveling 15 mph over the speed limit.
• A Friday Harbor deputy was dispatched to a welfare check. The deputy was able to locate the person who was found to be okay. The deputy observed an additional crime, completed a report, and a probable cause statement for trespassing was referred to the prosecutor’s office.
• A deputy conducted a traffic stop on Orcas Road. The driver was given a citation for speeding 56 mph in a marked 35 mph zone.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a theft complaint. The owner just wanted it documented, and a report was made.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for traveling 49 mph in a posted 35 mph speed zone. The driver was issued a citation for speeding.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for traveling 36 mph in a posted 25 mph speed zone. The driver was issued a citation for speeding and for a registration expired more than two months.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for traveling 37 mph in a posted 25 mph speed zone. The driver was issued a citation for speeding; for an expired registration more than two months; and for not having insurance.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for speeding and for an expired registration more than two months. The driver was issued a citation for the expired registration.
• Deputies on San Juan located a wanted person and took them into custody for an outstanding felony Dept. of Corrections warrant for an escape in community custody.
• A deputy on San Juan was dispatched to a report of a hit-and-run. Information was exchanged and the incident was documented. The driver received a citation for not having a valid operator’s license.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for traveling 41 mph in aposted 25 mph speed zone. The driver was arrested for driving under the influence and issued citations for speeding and not having insurance.
• The reporting deputy was dispatched to a trespassing in the Friday Harbor area. The deputy arrived and contacted the involved people. One person was served with a trespass warning letter.
• A San Juan deputy observed a driver failing to wear a safety belt and issued them a citation.
• An Orcas deputy conducted an area check at the Westsound dock and found a vessel located at the dock that had been issued numerous citations for unlawful overnight moorage before. The deputy issued the vessel’s owner a citation.
• A Lopez deputy was called about a deer that was tangled in a wire fence. In trying to rescue itself, the deer had severely injured its leg and needed to be euthanized.
• A deputy on Orcas stopped the driver of a vehicle for speeding. The driver was issued a citation for traveling 13 mph over the speed limit.
• Deputies responded to a two-car, non-injury collision in Friday Harbor. Drivers’ information was exchanged and a collision report was completed.
• On three separate occasions, deputies on Lopez issued drivers warnings for speeding.
• A Lopez deputy discovered someone had illegally dumped boxes of items in the turnout at Mud Bay and MacKaye Harbor Roads. So called “Free Piles” left in public spaces is littering and will be investigated and prosecuted as such.
• A Lopez resident reported an intruder entered their south end residence during the night.
• Deputies on Lopez received a call from a resident about a possible fraud associated with their telephone account. They were also referred to the Federal Communications Commission to make an online report.
• A Lopez deputy was dispatched to a report of an illegal burn.
• Three drivers on Lopez received warnings after being stopped for speeding.