The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of a citizen dispute at a business in Friday Harbor. The suspect was located and booked into jail on multiple charges.
• A deputy on San Juan received a report that a picnic table was stolen from Reuben Tarte County Park. There are no suspects at this time.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a death investigation call after a pile of bones was found while a crew was digging on a construction site. The bones appeared to be very old.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a fraud complaint at a local bank.
• A Lopez deputy took a report that a dog that was off its leash approached a couple. The dog was unfriendly, growling and barking. The Lopez deputy issued a formal warning to the dog’s owner for allowing the dog to run at large.
• A San Juan deputy issued a driver a citation for speeding, 45 mph in a 35 mph speed zone.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a theft report stating that a neighbor unlawfully removed a concrete barrier from private property. The neighbor was contacted and agreed to return the barrier.
• A person filed a report suggesting that someone vandalized their car with nails in a tire. The deputy noted there was no evidence to suggest that the damage was caused intentionally.
• An Orcas citizen turned in a child’s backpack that was found earlier in the day.
• Orcas deputies were dispatched to a domestic disturbance in the Eastsound area. Following an investigation, it was determined no crime was committed.
• A Lopez deputy assisted a resident with a vehicle sale issue.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a driver known to have a suspended driver’s license and issued them a citation for driving with a suspended license-second degree.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a theft complaint.
• San Juan deputies took a report of a dog bite and shared information with the dog’s owner about what the law says about dangerous dogs.
• A deputy on Orcas issued a speeding driver a citation for driving 50 mph in a 35 mph zone.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped and issued a driver a citation for driving 61 mph in a 35 mph speed limit in the 800 block of Roche Harbor Rd.
• A deputy issued a driver a speeding citation for traveling 50 mph in a 35 mph zone on Orcas.
• A deputy responded to a citizen assist in Friday Harbor.
• A Lopez resident reported an online puppy scam involving the Maltese Poodle breed.
• A deputy was dispatched to a dispute among citizens in Friday Harbor, contacted, and separated the people involved.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of a residential burglary. The victim declined to pursue charges or provide a statement.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a hit-and-run complaint.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a citizen assist and was asked to document the incident.
• A Lopez deputy stopped and ticketed a new driver for speeding and for violating intermediate licensing restrictions on teen passengers. A parent responded to a deputy’s request to provide legal transportation for unauthorized passengers.
• A Lopez deputy located and stopped a driver who failed to yield right of way to an emergency vehicle responding to a medical call. The driver was warned about what is required when emergency vehicles approach with lights and sirens.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a driver and issued them a citation for speeding 47 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• An Orcas deputy took a report of a missing person.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for failing to yield to the right of way and issued them a citation for operating a motor vehicle without insurance. The driver also received multiple warnings.
• A deputy on San Juan took a report of harassment. After an investigation, it was determined that the incident was not criminal in nature.
• A Lopez deputy stopped two men riding motorized minibikes on a county road. Both were warned about a plethora of violations in driving the unlicensed, non-street legal vehicles.
• A driver on Lopez was warned about speeding in a school zone.
• A Lopez resident reported the theft of a roadside cooler used for the delivery of school lunches.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped a driver known to have a suspended license. The driver was arrested for driving with a suspended license – third degree.
• A deputy on San Juan issued a driver a citation for speeding on San Juan Valley Road. The driver was issued a citation for traveling 63 mph in a 45 mph zone.