The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A deputy on Lopez received a report of a damaged mailbox. A local construction company contacted the reporting party and agreed to pay for the damage.
• A deputy on Lopez was dispatched to a possible explosive device on the beach. The device proved to be a previously exploded plastic smoke bomb.
• Deputies investigated a possible residential burglary on Orcas.
• A Lopez resident reported vandalism and trespassing on a private beach access point. This long-running issue is under investigation.
• Deputies investigated a theft in Eastsound.
• San Juan deputies responded to a report of a traffic offense. The vehicle was located and the driver was arrested for driving with a suspended license in the third degree.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped a driver for driving on a suspended license. The driver was arrested for driving with a suspended license in the third degree and for an ignition interlock violation. The driver was also issued a citation for not having insurance and for operating a vehicle without the proper registration.
• Deputies responded to two neighboring addresses on Orcas on reports of fireworks in use. Deputies witnessed the fireworks being set ignited and both responsible parties were issued citations.
• A deputy on San Juan issued a driver a citation for speeding 63 mph in a 45 mph zone.
• A San Juan deputy initiated a traffic stop in the 330 block of Argyle Avenue. The deputy noticed the driver did not have their seat belt on and issued a citation for the seat belt violation and for not having proof of insurance.
• A San Juan deputy was contacted about a possible case of fraud. The person reported a “phishing scam.”
• Deputies on Orcas stopped the driver of a vehicle and issued them a citation for speeding.
• Deputies investigated a possible harassment incident in Eastsound. The suspect was arrested for a court order violation.
• A deputy made a traffic stop on San Juan. The driver was issued a citation for exceeding the posted speed limit.
• A Lopez deputy stopped a motorist in the 3400 block of Fisherman Bay Road after seeing the driver not wearing a seat belt. The deputy then issued the driver a ticket for the infraction.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a report of a hit-and-run. The suspect was located and arrested for driving under the influence; for the hit-and-run of an occupied vehicle; for reckless endangerment; and for a minor in possession of, or consuming, alcohol.
• On San Juan, deputies responded to a report of a traffic offense. The driver was located and arrested for driving with a suspended license in the third degree and for an ignition interlock violation.
• Deputies on Orcas responded to a collision and found extensive damage to property but no injuries.
• Deputies responded to a possible harassment incident in Eastsound.
• Deputies investigated a traffic collision without injury on Orcas.
• On Lopez, a rider was stopped and issued a warning for not wearing a helmet.
• A boating mishap put two men in the water off Lopez prompting a rescue response from the Sheriff’s office, Lopez Fire and Emergency Medical Services, the U.S. Coast Guard and a nearby boater. Both men were wearing life jackets and were rescued uninjured. Their capsized boat was righted and was undamaged.
• A Lopez Island deputy took a theft report from a boater that someone had stolen crab pots while they had been set in Hunter Bay.
• San Juan deputies took possession of property that had been found in one of the parks and completed a report.
• A San Juan deputy issued a driver a citation for speeding 56 mph in a posted 35 mph speed zone and for not having insurance.
• On San Juan, a deputy arrested a driver for driving with a suspended license in the second degree.
• An Orcas deputy conducted an area check at the Westsound county dock. At about 11:15 p.m. there was a vessel located at the dock which had previously been issued numerous citations for unlawful overnight moorage. The deputy issued the vessel a citation.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for an improper display of tabs. The driver was issued a citation for not having a valid license with identification.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a report of a domestic violence incident on an outer island. A person was arrested for fourth-degree domestic violence assault and fourth-degree assault.
• Deputies investigated a parking problem in Eastsound. The responsible party was contacted and given 24 hours to move the vehicle.
• Deputies issued a driver a citation for speeding in Eastsound.
• A Lopez deputy was called after a child was bitten by a dog. A report was completed and submitted to the county health department.
• A driver on Lopez was given a warning for speeding.
• Deputies on Orcas responded to a report of a vehicle in the ditch. The driver was arrested for driving under the influence of intoxicating liquor and/or drugs and for resisting arrest.
• A San Juan deputy was involved in an incident in the county courthouse. There was a problem with an inmate.
• The reporting deputy was dispatched to a traffic accident in the Friday Harbor area. The accident involved two vehicles with no injuries to the drivers.
• A San Juan caller contacted the reporting deputy in reference to a fraud.
• A San Juan deputy was dispatched to a report of a citizen dispute on Miller Road. The deputy spoke with both parties and they agreed to separate. The deputy discovered one of the parties violated their conditions of release; the information was forwarded to the probation officer.
• An Orcas deputy was dispatched to a threats complaint. The investigation is ongoing.