The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A Lopez deputy spoke with parties on Decatur Island involved in a civil property line dispute.
• A deputy on Lopez was sent to check for a large dog running at-large on Center Road. No dog was located in the area.
• An Orcas deputy assisted a citizen at the substation.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a vandalism call near “map corner.” Photographs and a report were taken. There are no suspects at this time.
• A deputy on Orcas issued a driver a verbal warning for failing to yield the right-of-way.
• Deputies responded to a Lopez residence about a domestic violence assault complaint. A subject was arrested for assault and transported to Friday Harbor where he was booked into jail to await a hearing.
• An Orcas deputy was dispatched to a possible case of driving under the influence near Deer Harbor. The vehicle was not located.
• A Lopez deputy completed a report of an attempted vehicle prowl on Port Stanley Road. Residents in the neighborhood are encouraged to report suspicious activity.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor stopped the driver of a vehicle for a speeding violation. The driver was issued a citation for the speeding violation.
• On three different occasions, deputies in Friday Harbor stopped drivers for not wearing seat belts. In each incident, the driver was issued a citation for the seat belt violation.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of trespassing. The suspect was taken into custody and later released with a citation for trespassing in the first degree.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor was contacted about a criminal trespass complaint. A report was filed and a criminal trespass letter was generated.
• In Friday Harbor, a deputy issued a driver a citation for a seat belt violation and for not having insurance.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a domestic dispute. Through further investigation, it was determined the dispute was verbal in nature and no crimes had been committed.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor issued a driver a warning for driving left of the centerline.
• Deputies in Friday Harbor were dispatched to the Prosecuting Attorney’s office in
reference to witness tampering. A report was filed and the complaint was investigated.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor issued a driver a citation for having a trailer with an expired registration.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor issued a driver a warning for a light violation.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor stopped the driver of a vehicle for a registration violation. The driver was arrested for failing to transfer a title within 45 days and was issued citations for not having insurance for an expired registration. The driver was also warned about not having a Washington driver’s license.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor responded to a report of vandalism. A report for malicious mischief was filed. There are no suspects or workable leads at this time.
• A deputy on Orcas gave a driver a warning for a burned-out headlight and arrested the driver for driving with a suspended license in the third degree.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a parking problem in the 2000 block of Olga Road. The vehicle looked to be abandoned as it was left with the hood propped up and the battery missing. The car was towed.
• A deputy on Orcas was contacted about an unattended hit-and-run that occurred on island. The person reporting the accident said his vehicle was struck by another at a party.
• An Orcas deputy received a call regarding a hunting-trespass complaint on Stuart Island. The person was contacted, a report was taken and the information was then referred to the Washington State Department of Fish and Wildlife.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a complaint of a dog running-at-large.
• A deputy conducted a welfare check on Orcas.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a theft complaint. Currently, there are no suspects or workable leads.
• A deputy on Orcas contacted a subject with an outstanding arrest warrant.
• A deputy was dispatched to the Friday Harbor area in reference to a domestic complaint. The reporting deputy arrived and contacted the people involved. One person was arrested for fourth-degree domestic violence assault.
• Concerned citizens were able to stop and detain an erratic driver coming off the ferry onto Lopez. It was initially unclear whether the subject was impaired or was having a medical event. The driver was arrested for a DUI and checked by EMS.
• A deputy received a report of property found in Friday Harbor. The property was logged into evidence.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor issued a driver a citation for speeding.
• An Orcas deputy was dispatched to a residence near the ferry landing to discuss a civil matter between a landlord and tenants.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor issued a driver a warning for a seat belt violation.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor issued a driver a warning for a brake light violation and a citation for not having insurance.
• Orcas deputies were dispatched to a welfare check near Obstruction Pass. The person was contacted and everything was fine.
• A deputy issued a driver a citation for speeding in Friday Harbor.
• A deputy stopped a driver in Friday Harbor for a defective tail light. The violator was issued citations for not having insurance and for not having a driver’s license. The violator received a warning for the defective tail light.
• A deputy was dispatched to a report of trouble unknown near Eastsound. After he searched the area and spoke to the citizens in the area, the deputy determined it was unfounded.
• A deputy was contacted in reference to a case of animal neglect occurring in the Friday Harbor area. People were reporting concerns about a dog that lives in their neighborhood.
• A deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle in Friday Harbor for a defective tail light. The driver was issued a citation for not having insurance and a warning for the tail light violation.
• Orcas deputies responded to a traffic hazard on Rosario Road. A fallen tree was cut up and moved off the road.
• A Lopez deputy took an information report from an island resident of lost property.
• Deputies on Orcas located and arrested a person with an outstanding warrant.
• A Lopez deputy was called to check on a deer that was sick or injured. The deer was dead when the deputy arrived.
• A San Juan deputy was dispatched to a welfare check. The deputy made contact with the person and steps were taken to offer assistance.
• A deputy was sent to investigate a bone located in the woods in the Eastsound area. An anthropologist was contacted and the bone was determined not to be human. The bone was left where it was found.
• A Lopez deputy was called when a prowler was observed outside a residence. The suspect fled when detected by the resident.
• A deputy was dispatched to the Friday Harbor area in reference to a vehicle prowl. The person was contacted and reported that items were removed from an unlocked vehicle.
• A Lopez deputy contacted a subject who had been reported to the Mason County Sheriff’s Office in Shelton, Washington, as a missing person by concerned family members. The subject was safe and healthy and was put in contact with his family. The missing person’s report was cleared.
• A San Juan deputy issued a driver a citation for speeding and a warning for failing to display license tabs correctly.