The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• On San Juan, two vehicles were involved in a minor collision. Information was exchanged and a report was done. No citations were issued.
• A deputy on Orcas took a stolen property complaint.
• On Lopez, a deputy was dispatched to a trespassing call.
• Detectives on San Juan responded to a report of domestic violence. The incident was investigated and was found to be verbal in nature and did not meet the requirements for a crime.
• A deputy took a lost property complaint on Orcas.
• In Friday Harbor, an individual was trespassed from King’s, Market Place, and the Brewery for placing unauthorized signs and stickers inside King’s Market and Market Place foods.
• A San Juan resident was reported to be violating a court-ordered, domestic violence no-contact order. When deputies arrived, he was no longer on the premises. A report was taken and will be forwarded to the prosecuting attorney’s office.
• A driver on San Juan was found to be operating a motor vehicle with a suspended driver’s license. The case was referred to the prosecutor’s office for charging.
• A Lopez deputy was dispatched to a suspicious call in the village.
• San Juan deputies responded to a Friday Harbor residence report of a domestic incident in progress. An investigation determined a mother and her daughter were having a disagreement. A plan was put into place to help de-escalate the situation and the child was left in the care of mom.
• A deputy on San Juan received a report of a suspicious incident. The reporting party had personal items left on the property. The case remains under investigation.
• A Friday Harbor man was found trespassing at the ferry terminal building after being previously trespassed. A report was taken and charges are being forwarded to the prosecuting attorney’s office.
• A Lopez deputy was dispatched to a parking problem and documented the incident.
• A deputy was dispatched to an order violation on San Juan. The deputy located the person on the property, a violation of a domestic violence protective order. The person was arrested and booked into custody for violating the protective order.
• Deputies on Orcas responded to a report of an elderly person suffering from dementia who had become violent. When the deputies arrived on the scene, the episode had passed, and EMS evaluated the patient who was left in the care of a capable adult.
• A Lopez deputy was dispatched to a citizen assist call.
• On Orcas, deputies served civil papers via electronic means to a respondent. Law Enforcement is waiting for confirmation of the receipt of the papers.
• Deputies on San Juan were dispatched to a death investigation.
• A Lopez resident reported that a vehicle parked partially on the roadway was struck by another vehicle.
• An Orcas deputy called back a reporting party regarding neighborly issues on Shaw.
• A Lopez deputy and Public Works responded to a downed tree on Mackaye Harbor Road, removed the tree, and cleared the road.
• Late-night thieves driving a loud truck stole an egg box from a farm stand on Vista Road on Lopez.
• On San Juan, a deputy was contacted by a local business to obtain a no-trespass warning letter on a person. The person was not at the location but a warning letter was prepared, and the person will be served when they’re located.
• A Lopez resident received a citation for driving 52 mph in a 35 mph zone on Mud Bay Road.
• A resident reported the theft of a package from their mailbox on Lopez during the overnight hours.
• Another Lopez resident reported the theft of honey and cash from their farm stand overnight.
• A citizen reported finding their Lopez mailbox vandalized from the previous night.
• On Lopez, a business reported illegal use of their dumpster over the weekend.
• A deputy on Orcas conducted a traffic stop and issued the driver a citation for speeding – 42 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a vandalism call that involved a resident’s mailbox that was destroyed the prior week. The investigation is ongoing.
• A Lopez man was arrested for assault, harassment, and a court order violation.
• A deputy on San Juan was asked to conduct a welfare check. When the deputy arrived at the home, the subject of the welfare check was found to be deceased inside the residence. The case remains under investigation.