The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• In Eastsound, a deputy took a report of a lost wallet. Information was provided in the event the wallet was found.
• A Lopez deputy was dispatched to a reported sexual assault. The investigation is ongoing.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of found property. An earring was entered into evidence since the owner is not known.
• A deputy on San Juan took a report of a fraudulent phone call. The fraudster already knew their personal information and then asked for banking information; that’s when they knew it was a fraudulent call. The person reporting the incident did not lose anything.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a report of an assault that occurred over a month ago.
• On Lopez, a deputy responded to an order violation call. A report was taken, and probable cause for violating a court order was drafted.
• A report of a stolen Google Chromebook was made. The Lopez victim’s Chromebook was taken from their book bag while at school. The investigation is ongoing.
• A San Juan deputy was contacted about a theft. The person reported leaving an item behind and the item was gone upon their return. Currently, there are no suspects.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a trespassing call involving an unknown individual who was caught trespassing on private property by the property owner. The individual fled into the woods when they realized they had been spotted.
• A deputy on Orcas was dispatched to a fraud call involving a victim who had lost a small amount of money in an online scam.
• A deputy on San Juan took a report of threats from a resident who said that a particular person’s degrading mental health had resulted in ambiguous threats being levied at them. The incident was documented.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of suspicious comments. No crime was committed, and the incident was documented.
• San Juan deputies responded to a reported domestic incident. The parties involved said it was verbal only. One party was served a court order expelling them from the property and given a ride from the scene.
• San Juan deputies responded to a report of a domestic incident. Once there, deputies discovered one person had left and they interviewed the other party. The suspect was located a short time later and arrested for Assault 4 – Domestic Violence.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a report of a bicycle found in the village. No owner information was found, and the incident was documented.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of theft at a local market. A known person was caught attempting to steal an item from the store and ultimately trespassed from all the company’s properties at the store manager’s request.
• A deputy on San Juan was contacted at the Sheriff’s Office about found property. The person turned in an item to the deputy, which was placed into evidence as found property.
• On Lopez, a deputy responded to an order violation call. The matter is currently under investigation.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a reported vehicle versus pedestrian collision. Since there was no evidence that a person had been struck by a vehicle, the original complaint was determined to be unfounded.
• An Orcas deputy took a report of a theft from the caller who left a wallet in an unlocked vehicle. Later that evening they realized the wallet was missing and believed it was taken from the vehicle while at the market. Currently, there are no investigative leads.
• A deputy had a confirmed warrant to arrest a person on San Juan, contacted the person at his address, arrested him on the warrant, and booked him into San Juan County Jail.
• On Orcas, a deputy issued a citation to the owner of a vehicle abandoned at a local towing establishment.
• A deputy on Orcas arrested a person for shoplifting an alcoholic beverage. The person was ultimately booked into the county jail.
• A Friday Harbor resident had a confrontation with a ferry lot attendant on San Juan. The suspect was later arrested for harassment and resisting arrest. He was booked into jail pending a hearing with the judge.
• A Lopez deputy was dispatched to a citizen-assist call regarding an ongoing family issue.