The San Juan Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a domestic incident and arrested an individual for assault.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for a defective taillight. The driver was issued a citation for DWLS-3rd degree and was issued citations for not having insurance and for a defective taillight.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle as the driver did not have a valid driver’s license. The driver was arrested for DUI and booked into jail.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a citizen’s request for a civil standby. The standby was completed, and the deputy collected a firearm following a court order.
• Orcas deputies responded to a report of a welfare check after previous information suggested that a known person restricted from having access to firearms, had reportedly had a firearm in their vehicle. A search warrant was used and two firearms were recovered.
• An Orcas deputy received a found pair of “very stylish” glasses. The owner of the glasses has not yet been identified.
• A deputy issued parking citations to two vessels without permits at the county dock at Roche Harbor on San Juan.
• On Lopez, a deputy responded to a collision that took place in a parking lot on private property and completed a report for insurance purposes.
• A deputy was dispatched to a report of lost property on San Juan.
• A San Juan deputy was dispatched to a report of a dog bite.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a report of fraud. The reporting party said they had given money to a friend’s account that was hacked on Facebook and sent personal information to the hacked account.
• On Orcas, a deputy took a report of a theft on Orcas. A person living inside a home with other people had stolen personal property from a roommate. The suspect was issued a criminal citation for theft in the 3rd degree.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a report of a domestic dispute. After contacting the involved parties, the deputy determined the incident was an argument between family members.
• On Orcas, a deputy referred a person experiencing a health crisis to a designated crisis responder.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a report of suspicious activity. A citizen stated that a BB or other object might have struck their window, as there was now a small hole in it. There are no leads or suspects at this time.
• Deputies responded to a report of a possible domestic incident in Friday Harbor. The incident was determined to be a dispute between siblings. The siblings were picked up by a parent, the incident was documented and referred to Juvenile Services.
• A Lopez deputy was dispatched to an unwanted person call at a local park. The individual was contacted and agreed to leave the area without incident.
• A San Juan deputy took a report of spray-painted graffiti near the roof line of a local restaurant. The perpetrators appear to have accessed the roof from the stairs of a nearby business.
• On San Juan, a report was made that a name-brand trimmer was stolen off his flatbed trailer. The trailer was on the owner’s property off the roadway and out of sight of the general public. There are no suspects or leads at this time.
• A citizen delivered property found on Orcas to a deputy. The deputy was unable to locate the owner, and the property was booked into evidence for safekeeping.
• Deputies on San Juan responded to a report of a motorcycle accident. After talking with the involved parties and looking at the scene, the deputies determined that the driver of a moped took a corner too sharp and wrecked. The driver refused medical attention.
• A Lopez deputy was dispatched to a not-in-progress citizen dispute. The incident was determined to be a civil matter.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a medical complaint by an in-custody individual in the San Juan County Jail. The person was transported to the hospital for further evaluation, cleared, and returned to jail.
• A deputy responded to a citizen dispute on Orcas. After an investigation was completed it was determined that no evidence of a crime was found and the parties separated for the night.
• A deputy on San Juan investigated a report of a domestic incident and found no probable cause to make an arrest.
• A Friday Harbor resident called to report online harassment that was ultimately determined to be a civil matter.
• A Lopez deputy was dispatched to a harassment incident that occurred at the public high school. The incident was documented and the investigation is ongoing.
• A Friday Harbor man came into the Sheriff’s Office to report threats that were made to him while on a job site. A statement was obtained from the victim and an investigation is being conducted.
• A Lopez deputy was dispatched to a report of an intruder having entered a home. The individual was scared off by the resident and fled the scene before officers arrived. Nothing appeared to be taken and the reason for entry into the home is still unknown.
• Deputies on San Juan responded to a call involving a person who deputies had previous contact with during the day, and probable cause had been developed for their arrest. The individual resisted arrest, was taken into custody, and booked into jail on multiple charges.