The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A Lopez deputy stopped a driver for speeding on Ferry Road. Upon checking, the deputy learned the driver was required to have an ignition interlock on the vehicle. The driver received a citation for speeding 50 mph in a 35 mph zone and a criminal citation for not having an ignition interlock.
• An Orcas deputy was dispatched to an animal problem at the ferry terminal. The reporting party said that two loose dogs were running around and biting other animals. The animals were caught and the investigation is ongoing.
• A deputy was dispatched to a welfare check in Friday Harbor. The deputy found no issues.
• An Orcas deputy conducted a traffic stop and gave the driver a warning for speeding.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped the driver of a vehicle for speeding. The driver was issued a citation for traveling 53 mph in a 35 mph zone.
• A deputy on San Juan issued a driver a citation for having an expired vehicle registration for more than two months.
• A deputy on Orcas was tasked with contacting someone regarding a domestic dispute involving the person’s neighbors.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of a trespassing. Once the subjects are located, a do-not-trespass notice will be issued.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to an unwanted person complaint. The complainant wished to have a family member removed from a residence.
• Deputies on Orcas responded to a report of a missing and endangered adult. The person was found safe, and no longer in any danger.
• A deputy on Orcas was tasked with contacting a person regarding an unknown complaint.
• A Lopez property owner called for a deputy to check her residence for squatters. The residence was found to be secure, with no signs of any unlawful activity.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a 911 hang-up call that turned out to be a domestic violence incident.
• A person on Orcas called to report a relative who filed a false police report. The complaint was determined to be unfounded.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a wanted-person complaint. The subject was taken into custody and booked into jail on an outstanding warrant.
• San Juan deputies were dispatched to a report of a non-injury accident. Once at the scene, the deputy found the nature of the call to be civil.
• A San Juan deputy issued a driver a citation for not having proof of insurance, and warnings for failing to turn on their lights and failing to signal a turn.
• The driver of a vehicle was stopped by a San Juan deputy and received citations for traveling 34 mph in a posted 25 mph speed zone, for a defective headlight and an expired registration from 2018. The driver was arrested on a warrant and booked into the San Juan County jail.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a theft at a local business. The suspect was arrested for theft in the third degree and issued a criminal citation.
• A deputy on San Juan arrested a driver for driving with a suspended driver’s license.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a trespassing complaint.
• Deputies on Orcas responded to a reckless driving complaint.
• A San Juan deputy issued a driver a citation for speeding.
• A deputy on San Juan arrested a driver for operating a motor vehicle with a suspended driver’s license.
• Deputies were dispatched to a possible runaway near Eastsound. The person was located and returned home.
• A San Juan deputy issued a driver citations for negligent driving in the second degree and for not having proof of insurance.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped a vehicle for not having a front license plate. The driver was arrested for driving on a suspended driver’s license and was issued a citation for not having insurance.
• San Juan deputies responded to a disturbance between two inmates in the San Juan County jail. The inmates were separated and one was issued a criminal citation for disorderly conduct.
• A deputy responded to a report of a citizen dispute in Friday Harbor.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a single-vehicle collision on Roche Harbor Road. The driver was transported to the hospital for treatment. The cause of the collision appears to have been due to a medical emergency.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a domestic violence incident and took a report.
• A Lopez deputy took a report of a collision between a car and a deer on Mud Bay Road. No people were injured and the car was able to be driven from the scene and no citations were issued.
• Deputies on San Juan arrested a person on an outstanding felony warrant.
• A Washington driver’s license was turned over to a Lopez deputy and mailed back to the owner.
• A deputy on Orcas conducted a traffic stop. The driver was issued a notice of citation for speeding 50 mph in a 35 mile per hour zone.
• A Lopez deputy was called to investigate threats and threatening behavior.
• A deputy on San Juan served an arrest warrant on a subject already in custody.
• A deputy conducted a traffic stop on Orcas and issued the driver a warning for speeding.
• A deputy on Orcas issued a driver a citation for speeding 54 mph in a 35 mph zone.
• A deputy stopped a driver on Orcas for traveling too fast. The driver was given a warning for speeding and for not having his driver’s license on his person.
• A deputy on Orcas Island conducted a traffic stop and gave the driver a warning for speeding.
• A San Juan deputy was dispatched to an order violation and forwarded a report to the prosecutor’s office.