The San Juan County Sheriff responded to the following calls:
• A wallet was returned to the owner.
• A deputy responded to call where an airplane landed without deploying their landing gear at the Orcas Airport. There were no injuries and the plane had little damage.
• A deputy investigated a report of a controlled substance violation by a juvenile in Friday Harbor. The juvenile was reportedly giving marijuana to other juveniles and encouraging them to smoke. The investigation is classified as ongoing.
• Deputies responded to a home where parents had found marijuana and empty alcohol containers in their son’s bedroom. The items were photographed by the deputies and taken as evidence and a report was forwarded to juvenile services.
• A Lopez Island man issued a citation for speeding, 15 mph over the posted limit on Hummel Lake Road.
• A San Juan County deputy located a found item on Orcas Road. No one has claimed the item.
• Lopez deputies were dispatched for an overdue swimmer in the San Juan Channel. The swimmer, a Lopez woman, was found safe at home.
• A deputy was contacted in reference to a vehicle prowl, which occurred in the Friday Harbor area. The victim reported a radio was taken from a parked vehicle the previous night. The investigation is ongoing.
• A Lopez Island deputy stopped and cited a Seattle man for speeding on Hummel Lake Road.
• A Lopez Island woman reported that she had loaned her car to a friend who had failed to return it at agreed time. Deputies located the car and reunited it with its owner. It was determined that no crime had been committed.
• A Friday Harbor deputy contacted a person who had an outstanding warrant out of San Juan County District Court. The person was arrested for the warrant and was booked into the jail.
• A Lopez Island woman was stopped and cited for speeding on Hummel Lake Road.
• A deputy was dispatched to a report of drug paraphernalia found in Friday Harbor. The deputy retrieved and destroyed the items.
• A Lopez Island deputy was called regarding five sheep and two horses running at large near the school. The owner of the animals was identified and they were returned home.
• A Lopez Island deputy was called regarding a bull running at large. The bull was located and the owner identified. The owner arrived on scene to take care of the animal.