The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A deputy in San Juan stopped the driver of a vehicle for having a defective brake light. Once the deputy investigated, the driver was issued a notice of intent for possession of an open marijuana container and no proof of current insurance. A warning was given for the equipment violation.
• A San Juan deputy took a report of a bicycle theft from the Friday Harbor Elementary School. The theft happened that same day during school hours from a bicycle rack on the school property.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a single-vehicle crash. The car was found unoccupied in a field. Assisted by Lopez Fire and EMS, a search was launched for the driver who was found uninjured two hours later at a nearby residence.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a driver for not wearing a seat belt. The driver was issued a citation for not wearing a seat belt and was given a warning for an expired registration under 2 months.
• A San Juan deputy stopped and issued a driver a citation for speeding, 45 mph in a posted 25 mph speed zone.
• A deputy on Orcas stopped a driver and issued them a citation for traveling 35 mph in a posted 25 mph zone on Deer Harbor Road.
• San Juan deputies responded to a report of a citizen dispute. One party was arrested for driving under the influence and obstructing a law enforcement officer and was booked into jail.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a complaint of a threat.
• A Lopez deputy was called about a series of gunshots heard. The shots were attributed to a mobile livestock processor working nearby.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a driver and issued them a citation for speeding, 45 mph in a posted 25 mph speed zone, and a citation for an expired registration of more than two months.
• A San Juan deputy took a report of a theft of a cell phone, last seen near Front and Spring Street on the night of 6/15. To date, it has not been recovered.
• A San Juan deputy took a property damage report concerning injury to a pet to document the injury the pet sustained. It was determined the incident was not a criminal matter.
• Orcas deputies responded to a call about an erratic driver. The driver was located and arrested for driving under the influence.
• San Juan deputies took a report of a missing person and the information was placed on the statewide database.
• Orcas deputies were dispatched to a citizen assist call in the Eastsound area.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a citizen assist call. A couple was engaged in a verbal conflict. A Lopez deputy provided one of the spouses a courtesy ride to a relative’s house to give the couple an opportunity to calm down.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a driver on Pear Point Road for traveling 39 mph in a posted 25 mph speed zone. The driver was issued a citation for speeding and a warning for defective equipment.
• An Orcas deputy took a report of identity theft.
• A deputy stopped a driver on Fisherman Bay Road near Lopez Village and issued them a citation for speeding,
•Deputies on Lopez received a call about possible mail theft and forgery of a written check. All parties involved were contacted; an investigation is ongoing.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of found property regarding a firearm the owner no longer wanted. The firearm was entered into evidence.
• Deputies on Lopez responded to a call of a non-injury traffic accident at Hummel Lake. A citizen in the lake parking lot failed to place the vehicle in Park. The vehicle rolled into the information kiosk knocking it over.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of threats. The victim did not wish to pursue charges.
• A Friday Harbor deputy assisted a community member involved in a collision the previous night with a courtesy ride to the tow lot. After two hours of assistance, the person was given a courtesy transport back home.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a driver because they were not licensed to drive. Consequently, the driver was issued a citation for failing to obtain a Washington State driver’s license.
• An Orcas deputy was dispatched to a fraud complaint.
• A deputy stopped a motorist in the 2500 block of Fisherman Bay Road for not wearing his seat belt and issued him a ticket for the violation and for not having car insurance.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped a motorcyclist for driving through the center of the round-a-bout at Spring Street and Mullis Street. The motorcyclist received a citation for not having the proper endorsement and the round-a-bout violation.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a driver for traveling 62 mph in a posted 45 mph speed zone. The driver was arrested for driving without a license and issued citations for speeding and for not having registration. The vehicle was impounded pending a search warrant for narcotics.
• San Juan deputies completed a search of a vehicle impounded the day prior. Suspected methamphetamine and LSD were located along with drug paraphernalia.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a citizen in need of assistance. While attending to the first citizen, the deputy observed another person at the scene who was on court-ordered alcohol conditions and appeared intoxicated. A report was sent to the probation department.
• An Orcas deputy was dispatched to a traffic hazard near the intersection of Orcas Road and Sunderland drive and impounded the vehicle.
• An Orcas deputy arrested a local man with multiple warrants. Drug paraphernalia was found on the man during a search as part of the arrest and he was transported to the San Juan County Jail.
• An Orcas deputy took a statement from a victim about a theft that occurred in Anacortes.
• Twice, a deputy stopped speeders on Lopez and gave them warnings.
• A Lopez deputy discovered an illegal burn underway in the Shark Reef area. The property owner was directed to extinguish the fire.
• An Orcas deputy took a report of target shooting with firearms in a resident’s neighborhood.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of an unconscious person at a residence. It appeared the person had died of natural causes.
• A deputy on San Juan took a report of a found cell phone. The owner was unable to be located and the phone was entered into evidence.
• A Lopez deputy stopped a driver speeding on Fisherman Bay Road and issued them a citation for traveling 41 mph in a posted 25 mph zone.
• A deputy on San Juan contacted a person at the station. The person appeared to be under the influence of alcohol in violation of a court order; the deputy forwarded a report to the probation department.
• Deputies responded to a domestic disturbance on Orcas.
• A Lopez deputy removed two trespassers from the beach south of Otis Perkins Park and reminded them of the clearly posted No Trespassing sign and private property boundaries.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a report of vandalism. The reporting party said their mailbox had been damaged; it was decided that a silver Volkswagen vehicle had struck the mailbox.
• A concerned motorist called 911 to report an erratic driver on Lopez. It wasn’t long before the deputy found the erratic driver, who was found to be impaired and who was then arrested for driving under the influence.
• A deputy answered a call about a residential burglary near Eastsound. The stolen items were entered into the database. There were no suspects at the time.
• A deputy was dispatched to a suspicious circumstance in Friday Harbor. A business owner had a video of two people near the business after business hours.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a driver who clocked 42 mph in a 25 mph speed zone and issued the driver a citation for speeding.
• Staff from the Washington State Ferry system contacted a deputy on Orcas after a small bag containing drug paraphernalia was found in one of the restrooms. Deputies confiscated the bag and booked it into evidence for destruction.
• Deputies on Lopez contacted a person with an outstanding warrant for a failure to appear took them into custody without incident and booked them for the outstanding warrant.
• A San Juan deputy took a report of a missing wallet. The owner, visiting San Juan for the week, reported losing it at the waterfront during the day.
• A deputy stopped and cited a driver on San Juan for exceeding the posted speed limit – 60 mph in a 35 mph zone.
• A deputy was dispatched to a vehicle prowl in the Friday Harbor area and told the owner that several items were removed from a vehicle.
• Driving with a seatbelt unbuckled on Lopez resulted in a warning.
• A driver on Lopez was warned about exceeding the speed limit.
• A deputy responded to an unattended death on Orcas and conducted an investigation.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of an accident-injury on Roche Harbor Road. The driver fled the scene but was returned by a female who had driven the driver away. The driver was arrested for driving under the influence and for not having a valid driver’s license and multiple citations.
• San Juan deputies responded to a verbal domestic disturbance. After contacting all parties, deputies determined no crime had taken place and arranged for coordination of resources to assist the family with conflict resolution.