The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle because of expired registration. The driver was issued citations for not having a valid license with ID and not having insurance.
• San Juan deputies responded to a report of CPR in progress. A juvenile victim was located deceased on the scene and detectives were called to respond. The investigation is ongoing.
• A Lopez deputy documented the loss of a 12-foot Duraboat. The owner believes the boat slipped its clip and was lost. No crime is suspected.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a report of harassment. After talking with the involved parties, it was determined to be a civil matter. Both parties were informed of steps they can take moving forward.
• Deputies on San Juan responded to an accident; a vehicle had been rear-ended. Passengers in the struck vehicle were treated by EMS and taken to the hospital. Information exchange was completed and the at-fault driver was issued a citation for following too closely.
• A Lopez deputy spoke with a resident about a possible fraud issue; however, there was no evidence of a crime. An informational report was filed.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a parking complaint on Argyle Ave at the Fairgrounds. The vehicle was located and issued a citation for parking in a disabled parking space without a proper permit.
• A deputy on Orcas received a report of attempted fraud. The complainant received a call from someone requesting money to bail his grandson out of jail; realized he was being scammed and declined to pay.
• A San Juan deputy took a report of a hit-and-run collision. The registration was obtained by the reporting party; it [was] returned to a local business. This investigation is ongoing.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a physical altercation that occurred in the parking lot of a grocery store. The matter is under investigation.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a report of a hit-and-run. There was damage to the passenger side of the vehicle. After reviewing the camera footage, the location of where the damage occurred was unable to be determined.
• On Orcas, deputies received a call about a small plastic/ toy drone in the caller’s front yard. No owner was located, and the drone was booked into found property.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of found property. The owner of the property arrived at the sheriff’s office shortly after and retrieved their lost phone.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a trespass call on North Beach Road resulting in a no-trespass warning letter served to a resident.
• A Lopez deputy took a barking dog noise complaint. The issue is not currently a violation.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for expired registration. The driver was arrested for driving under the influence and issued citations for expired registration for more than two months and for not having insurance.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a report of a boat tied up to a private buoy near Decatur Island. The deputy contacted the vessel’s owner, who mistakenly tied it to the wrong buoy while renting vacation property on Decatur. They agreed to move their boat.
• On San Juan, a deputy responded to a report of threats. The information the reporting party relayed did not rise to the level of criminal activity.The incident was documented, however.
• A deputy responded to a two-vehicle traffic collision involving a minor injury in Eastsound. An investigation was conducted.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle and issued them a citation for speeding, 53 mph in a posted 35 mph-speed zone.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a report of a barking dog outside on a porch. The dog’s owner was off-island. The deputy then, with the owner’s permission, put the dog inside the house.
• A San Juan deputy was called about a disturbance at Peace Island Medical Center. While the deputy was en route, the subject entered the building unlawfully, was contacted inside and escorted out of the building. Investigation revealed that the person appeared to be experiencing hallucinations.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a verbal domestic incident. A report was written, a referral was made to Safe San Juans, and an Adult Protective Services evaluation was requested.
• A deputy received found property on San Juan and entered the item into evidence.
• A deputy investigated a burglary at an Eastsound restaurant. A suspect was identified, located, and arrested. All the stolen property was recovered and returned to the victim.
• A deputy responded to a local business about a trespassing and issued a resident a trespass warning letter.
• A deputy took a report of a weapon offense. The incident is still under investigation.
• An Orcas homeless man reported his medication and other items were taken from his illegal campsite.
• A lost wallet belonging to an off-islander was turned over to a Lopez deputy. The owner could not be located, and the wallet was secured in evidence.
• A deputy on San Juan took a report of the theft of a lost wallet that was last seen at a local restaurant but was no longer there.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped the driver of a vehicle operated by an unlicensed driver. The driver was issued a citation for not having a valid operating license with identification.
• A deputy on San Juan investigated a case of fraud. A resident of the county failed to register their vehicle in Washington while being registered in another state. Charges for licensing an out-of-state vehicle – first offense will be forwarded to the prosecutor’s office.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a report of vandalism in Friday Harbor. Someone had bent a locking trailer hitch pin on a truck. The incident was documented and photographed. There is currently no suspect information or workable leads.
• San Juan deputies responded to a report of trespassing. An individual was issued trespass warning letters from two neighboring properties and the parties involved were informed that their complaints were civil in nature.
• San Juan deputies responded to a domestic incident. Investigation revealed that the involved parties had no domestic relationship and neither wished to pursue criminal charges. One party was trespassed from the other’s residence.
• San Juan deputies responded to a report of a vehicle prowl that involved a purse and electronics stolen from a vehicle. The items were unable to be recovered.
• A Lopez deputy took a theft report from a person whose purse was stolen at an evening barn dance event.
• A deputy took custody of a black backpack that had been found in Friday Harbor, and stored it into evidence as found property.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a report of found property. The owner was located and a wallet was returned.
• A deputy was contacted about a case of fraud on San Juan. The person reported that someone kept changing the contact information on a banking account. To date, there has been no monetary loss.
• A deputy had contact with a person in the Friday Harbor area known to be on probation. During the contact, the deputy observed the person was violating their probation conditions.
• A deputy on San Juan was contacted about a lost item and needed an incident report. A report was taken and the person was provided a copy.
• A deputy was dispatched to a report of found property, picked it up, and entered it into evidence.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a report of fraud. The victim had unknowingly called a scam number after getting a message. The victim did withdraw money but spoke with the deputy before sending any money or gift cards. The victim did not sustain a monetary loss.
• A deputy on Orcas conducted a traffic stop. The driver was issued a citation for speeding, 51 mph in a 35 mph zone.
• Deputies on San Juan responded to a domestic incident. The situation had remained verbal. It was discovered that one of the parties involved was wanted on out-of-county warrants. The subject was taken into custody and booked into jail without incident.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a 911 call. The complainant was checked and cleared by EMS personnel. The complainant, however, had court-imposed conditions barring him from consuming alcohol and had violated those conditions. A report was forwarded to San Juan County adult probation services.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a found property call. They took possession of a cell phone and entered it into evidence according to procedure.
• A deputy responded to a fraud call in Eastsound. The reporting party had sent money from their bank to a third party and later found that it was a scam.
• A San Juan observed a person known to be wanted on an outstanding warrant. The person was contacted, taken into custody without incident, transported to the sheriff’s office, and booked.
• A deputy responded to a hit-and-run accident with no injuries in Eastsound. The driver of the suspect vehicle was located and stated that it was the reporting party that was the at-fault.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of a non-injury collision in Friday Harbor. One driver was arrested for driving with a license suspended- second degree, and driving without an ignition interlock. Additional citations were issued for not having insurance and improperly backing-up.
• Deputies on San Juan responded to a single-vehicle collision and issued the driver a citation. The driver had gotten impatient, tried to make an improper u-turn at a roundabout instead of using the roundabout, and hit an earth bank.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a report of dogs leaving their property and barking at a citizen and their dog. Ultimately, the dogs pinned down the dog walking by. The citizen and dog were unharmed and a dog-at-large letter was issued to the animal’s owner.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of an order violation. One individual was arrested and booked into jail for violating an anti-harassment order. Another individual was informed that the deputy’s report would be sent to the prosecutor’s office for a charging decision.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a report of an ongoing civil matter.
• Deputies on San Juan responded to a verbal domestic incident in Friday Harbor. The involved parties argued about an incident that had just occurred. Safe San Juans was called to the scene.
• On San Juan, a deputy responded to a possible domestic complaint. There was no evidence a crime had been committed.
• Lopez deputies and Lopez Fire / EMS responded to a motor vehicle accident with injuries. The subject was transported to the hospital in Friday Harbor.