The San Juan County Sheriff’s office responded to the following calls.
• Deputies contacted Lopez residents to investigate a report of a domestic violence incident. There was no evidence of a crime.
• A deputy spoke with a Lopez property owner regarding a trespassing complaint. The owner stated an unidentified bicyclist urinated in her yard without her permission. The bike tour company agreed to take steps in the future to prevent similar activities in the future.
• A citizen brought a cell phone to dispatch that he found the phone in the S curves on San Juan Valley Road, near the northbound lane. The phone and case appear undamaged, and the phone is operational.
• A deputy was contacted regarding a civil dispute.
• A deputy responded to an accident in Eastsound that happened at a different location and both parties exchanged information and no one was injured.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor received a report of a domestic dispute. The case is still under investigation.
• A Friday Harbor resident reported Facebook harassment and threats. The person has been dealing with a neighbor’s barking dog. A friend of that neighbor made threatening remarks on Facebook Messenger.
• A Lopez deputy was contacted by a resident who received two scam telephone calls. No personal information was given, and no financial loss was reported.
• A Lopez deputy was dispatched for a shooting noise complaint. The shooter did not violate the noise ordinance, but was referred to code enforcement for possible land use violation.
• A Lopez deputy was dispatched to a reported theft in progress. The matter was found to be civil in nature.
• An Orcas deputy took a possible animal abuse complaint from an anonymous citizen.
• A Friday Harbor business owner called to report an off-island, unwanted trespasser who said he was coming to their place. Deputies checked the various hotels and campgrounds for the suspect. Deputies were alerted to be ready to respond to the business if necessary.
• A Friday Harbor resident came to the sheriff’s office to report the theft of $200 cash from his unlocked car that was parked in town. There is no physical evidence or suspects at this time.
• An Orcas woman reported missing medication.
• A deputy initiated a traffic stop in Friday Harbor and the driver was issued a citation for speeding.
• An Orcas deputy conducted a traffic stop on Crow Valley Road. The driver was cited for speeding 56 mph in a 35 mph zone.
• A Lopez deputy stopped a motorist just north of the Lopez Village. The deputy issued the driver a ticket for speeding.
• A deputy stopped a motorist and issued a ticket in the Lopez Village for not wearing his seatbelt.
• A deputy was dispatched to a welfare check on San Juan Island. The deputy arrived and contacted the involved parties. The deputy transported one person to the hospital for an evaluation.
• A deputy was dispatched to an agency assist on San Juan Island. The deputy contacted the involved parties. One subject was taken to Peace Island Medical Center for evaluation.
• A deputy responded to an Eastsound business regarding an unwanted person. The female subject was seen driving a vehicle. Further investigation revealed probable cause to believe the female was impaired. She was arrested for driving under the influence.
• A Lopez Island deputy stopped a motorist on Fisherman Bay Road after he saw her speeding. The deputy subsequently issued the driver a ticket for speeding and for not having a valid driver’s license.
• A Lopez Island deputy was sent to investigate the circumstances surrounding a dog bite. An Arizona woman was bitten by a dog belonging to a California couple at a family camping trip on Lopez. No enforcement action was taken. A report was filed with the health department.
• Orcas deputies responded to an Eastsound resident’s report of a juvenile problem. After speaking with the parties involved the juvenile left with his mother and a report was generated. A report was referred to juvenile services office.
• A deputy spoke with a Lopez Island resident regarding an illegal dumping complaint. An investigation is being conducted.
• A Lopez Island deputy was called to put down a severely injured deer that was caught in a fence.
• A Lopez Island deputy responded to the ferry landing regarding a despondent woman. After a discussion with the deputy, the woman agreed to return home.
• Orcas deputies responded to a residential burglary in progress call in Eastsound regarding possibly four to five suspects trying to break into the house. Deputies arrived, searched the area and found no suspects or evidence of a possible burglary.
• A Lopez deputy was dispatched to a littering complaint at a storage unit. The person responsible was contacted and agreed to remove items that had been left there.
• An Orcas deputy stopped a vehicle for speeding 37 mph in a 25 mph zone. A male was cited and released for driving with a license suspended in the second degree and speeding. Charges were sent to the court.
• A deputy was dispatched to an order violation in the Friday Harbor area. The deputy arrived and contacted the involved parties. No violation was found to have occurred.
• An Orcas deputy cited a vessel at the West Sound County Dock for overnight mooring at the day use only county dock. A citation was issued.
• A Lopez deputy was dispatched to investigate the death of a Lopez woman under hospice care.
• A deputy responded to a head-on vehicle collision on Orcas Road. It was discovered that one driver had been inattentive and caused the collision. One subject was flown to the hospital and is expected to recover.
• A Lopez deputy received a report of a sail-board washed up on the beach. No owner information was located.
• A Lopez deputy was dispatched to a report of damage to a vehicle.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor received a report of a welfare check. The deputy checked on the person and determined that he was fine.
• Orcas Island deputies stopped a vehicle for speeding on Orcas Road. The driver was issued a citation for speeding.
• A citizen brought a laptop and sleeve to the sheriff’s office. He found the items lying next to the road adjacent to roadwork on San Juan Valley Road.
• A Lopez Island deputy stopped a motorist and issued a ticket just north of the Lopez Village after he saw him speeding.
• A Bellevue man was ticketed for speeding 51 mph in a 35 mph zone on Mud Bay Road by a Lopez Island deputy.
• A Lopez Island deputy received a report of abandoned property in a campsite near Mackaye Harbor. The property will be removed from the site for disposal.
• A deputy was dispatched to a theft in Friday Harbor. The deputy arrived and contacted the caller. The caller provided video of a theft of cash from a tip jar. The investigation continues.