The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• Deputies responded to an Eastsound address for a welfare check on a person with odd behavior. The male subject was contacted, identified and did not need any further assistance.
• San Juan deputies responded to a domestic incident with threats made at a residence on Roche Harbor Road. After further investigation, the suspect was arrested for harassment, transported to the sheriff’s office and placed in a cell to await arraignment.
• A Center Island resident contacted Lopez deputies about on-going harassment from another resident.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a vandalism call at Buck Park. Photographs and a report was taken. There are no suspects at this time.
• A Lopez deputy retrieved an overturned kayak from Hummel Lake. It is unknown if the kayak was occupied or blew off the beach.
• Deputies on Orcas responded to a report of a domestic dispute. The incident was determined to be verbal in nature and the two involved parties separated for the night.
• A deputy was dispatched to the Friday Harbor area on a report of a trespass.
• A deputy and fire personnel visited a Lopez property to investigate the report of a recently burned down shed. There were
no identified injuries or obvious signs of criminal activity. The case was forwarded to the county fire marshal for a follow-up investigation.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for traveling 66 mph in a posted 45 mph speed zone. The driver was issued citations for speeding and for not having insurance.
• Deputies stopped the driver of a vehicle for driving too fast on Orcas and issued them a citation for speeding.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for driving with a suspended license. The driver was arrested for driving under the influence, for driving with a suspended license-second degree and was booked into the San Juan County Jail.
• A deputy on Orcas issued a driver a citation for driving 50 mph in a 35 mph zone near what’s commonly known as map corner.
• A San Juan deputy was contacted about a citizen assist.
• A deputy was dispatched to a report of a theft on San Juan.
• On two separate occasions, deputies on San Juan were sent to investigate reports of an animal bite.
• A wallet was turned into the Lopez station after being found near Shark Reef. The out-of-state owner was located and said he had lost the wallet 10 years ago.
• Deputies stopped the driver of a vehicle for speeding in Eastsound and issued them a citation for speeding.
• A Lopez deputy took a report of a non-injury collision where a driver had tried to steer around a road hazard and, in doing so, left the roadway and struck a tree. Neither the driver nor the passenger were hurt and both were wearing seat belts. The vehicle was a total loss.
• Deputies responded to a report of a vessel on the rocks on the west of San Juan Island. The vessel and operator were contacted. The operator stated his boat broke anchor and drifted onto the beach during an extremely high tide. He was waiting for another high tide to remove the vessel.
• A deputy was dispatched to a citizen assist in the Friday Harbor area. The deputy arrived, contacted the person and took a report.
• A Lopez deputy took a theft report from a resident. There is no information about a suspect at this time.
• A person called to report a piece of identification at a Lopez park. The owner was located and reunited with her property.
• A Lopez resident reported threats from a former employee.
• A Lopez resident reported a motorcycle was being driven recklessly. The rider was not located.
• An Orcas deputy issued a driver a citation for speeding 52 in a 35 mph zone on Orcas Road.
• Deputies responded to a possible vandalism incident in Eastsound. A report was made and a probable-cause statement completed and deputies are attempting to locate and arrest the suspect for malicious mischief.
• A deputy was contacted about a theft from a vehicle on San Juan. Deputies do not have a suspect or workable leads at this time.
• A deputy was dispatched to a report of found property in the Friday Harbor area. The deputy took possession of the found property and entered it into evidence.
• In Friday Harbor, a deputy was dispatched to a safekeeping call. The caller was contacted and they turned over an item to be destroyed. The item was entered into evidence for disposal. Report taken.
• A deputy on Orcas received a call of malicious mischief in Eastsound and filed a report.
• Orcas deputies responded to a wanted person call at the Orcas Island ferry landing. The subject was taken into custody.
• A deputy was dispatched to a single-vehicle wreck on San Juan. The deputy arrived and located a vehicle off the roadway but no driver.
• San Juan deputies responded to a report of a domestic disturbance. The incident was determined to be verbal only and a report was made.
• A deputy was dispatched to a death investigation along with Orcas Island Fire and Rescue.