The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A Lopez deputy ticketed a driver for speeding 39 mph in a 20 mph school zone.
• In Friday Harbor, a deputy responded to a walk-in, citizen-assist call.
• On Lopez, deputies gave a driver a warning for speeding and for not wearing a seat belt.
• A supervisor on Lopez responded to a citizen’s safety concerns from a previous incident.
• A San Juan deputy issued a driver citations for having an expired vehicle registration and for not having proof of insurance and a warning for speeding.
• A deputy on San Juan issued a driver a citation for driving without a valid driver’s license and a warning for speeding.
• A driver on San Juan received a citation for having an expired registration and a warning for speeding.
• A deputy on San Juan arrested a driver for driving under the influence of intoxicants and issued the driver a citation for speeding 70 mph in a 45 mph zone.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor responded to a call-back report of a possible order violation. It was determined that no violation occurred.
• A Lopez resident called about an unknown person on a neighbor’s property. The deputy contacted the neighbor and learned the person was allowed to be on the property.
• A Lopez property owner based out of state expressed concern over a house in the process of being moved and ending up on their property. The owner was advised of unforeseen circumstances and the contractor’s efforts to remove the home that evening.
• A deputy responded to a welfare check in Deer Harbor after a person had not been able to be contacted. While performing the welfare check, the deputy discovered the person had fallen and was unable to get up. Orcas Island Fire and Rescue was called and provided medical care.
• Deputies assisted another law enforcement agency in serving a search warrant on Orcas.
• A deputy on San Juan cited a driver for having an expired registration of more than two months.
• A deputy on San Juan booked found property into the sheriff department’s evidence room.
• A deputy on San Juan issued a driver a citation for having an expired vehicle registration of more than two months.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a single-vehicle accident in Eastsound. The driver was arrested for driving under the influence.
• A Lopez deputy made a report regarding an incident of harassment.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped the driver of a vehicle for driving in the dark without taillights. The driver was issued a citation for having an expired vehicle registration of more than two months.
• A deputy took a report of malicious mischief on San Juan. A piece of county equipment had been damaged.
• San Juan deputies responded to a single-vehicle collision on Egg Lake Road. The driver was arrested for first-degree negligent driving.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a single-vehicle accident with a possible injury near Deer Harbor. The driver was unharmed, cleared medically and given a citation for driving without a license.
• A Lopez deputy assisted the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife with an out-of-season fishing complaint.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a single-vehicle collision. The driver was arrested for negligent driving and the vehicle was impounded for a drug investigation.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a report of a man in the ditch on Fisherman Bay Road. It was determined that the man had fallen while walking. Emergency Medical Services responded to evaluate the person for injuries. There was no evidence of a crime.
• A San Juan deputy was conducting bar checks and found someone inside one of the bars who has conditions that restricted them from being there.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a vehicle stuck in a ditch. Orcas Towing got the vehicle out. The vehicle suffered minor damage and was in drivable condition.
• A stolen vehicle was recovered on San Juan.
• A deputy on Orcas issued a driver a citation for speeding 53 mph in a 35 mph zone.
• An Orcas deputy issued a driver a citation for speeding 49 mph in a 35 mph zone.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a domestic incident. The reporting party was contacted and an investigation commenced.
• A deputy on Orcas investigated a complaint of custodial interference. An investigation commenced and the complaint was determined to be unfounded.
• Orcas deputies were dispatched to a domestic incident in the Deer Harbor area and found no crime had been committed.
• After a report of an abandoned vehicle on San Juan, deputies impounded the vehicle.
• A deputy was dispatched to the Friday Harbor area about a vehicle theft. The people involved were contacted and the incident was found to be civil in nature.
• A deputy on Orcas investigated a hit-and-run complaint.
• In Friday Harbor, a deputy was contacted after a resident received a perceived threat on Facebook. No crime was committed at this time but the caller will be pursuing a civil order.
• A Lopez school reported inappropriate comments made by a student. No crime occurred, however, the deputy documented the incident in a report and met with the student and their father.
• Deputies were dispatched to a domestic incident in the Friday Harbor area. One person was arrested for fourth-degree domestic violence assault and booked into custody.
• A deputy on Lopez was dispatched to a report of a sick animal. Deputies discovered one of the involved parties had an active warrant. The individual was arrested.
• San Juan deputies were dispatched to a report of an unwanted person. It was later found out the involved party had a warrant in San Juan County and was taken into custody.
• A deputy was dispatched to the San Juan Island area about a reported trespassing.