The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A San Juan deputy investigated a report of a court order violation and determined the order had not been violated.
• A deputy on Orcas was dispatched to a report of a civil issue.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of a DUI involving a driver who threw a beer can from the vehicle. The deputy located the driver in a parked vehicle and arrested them for DUI.
• Deputies on San Juan responded to a report of threats made from an anchored vessel in Friday Harbor. After an investigation, it was determined there was insufficient evidence to prove a crime had been committed.
• A Lopez deputy responded when a local individual with health challenges suffering from mental health and substance abuse issues was seen shining a flashlight into vehicles parked at a marina. The owners of the marina issued a trespass warning letter.
• A deputy responded to a report of an unconscious person in the Friday Harbor area. When the deputy arrived and located the person they were found to be responsive. The person was turned over to San Juan Aid for treatment.
• On San Juan, a person turned over a firearm to the Sheriff’s Office to be destroyed. The deputy took the firearm and entered it into evidence.
• A deputy was contacted about fraud on San Juan. A reported his computer had been taken over and while fixing it, he allowed an unknown person remote access to his computer and lost a large amount of money from his bank account.
• A Lopez deputy responded to an unwanted person call. An individual suffering from many health issues trespassed upon numerous properties near the village. The individual was arrested for multiple misdemeanor charges and transported to the jail on San Juan.
• A San Juan County deputy took a report of an incident that had occurred on Shaw Island regarding an unruly person. The circumstances of the case are under further investigation.
• San Juan deputies responded to a report of an overdose. Deputies administered Narcan and performed CPR until San Juan EMS and Fire arrived. The individual was transported to the hospital for treatment. This is the third suspected fentanyl overdose in a 2-day period.
• A deputy responded to a reported health crisis in Eastsound. The subject did not display an imminent risk of harm and was put in touch with the crisis line.
• A San Juan deputy issued four parking citations at the Roche Harbor outer parking/mooring area.
• A deputy on San Juan deputy stopped a vehicle with a defective brake light and a displayed tab that expired in 2018. The driver was not wearing a seatbelt and had no insurance on the vehicle. The driver was issued a citation for expired registration over 45 days and for not having insurance.
• A deputy was dispatched to a robbery in the Friday Harbor area and arrested a juvenile for theft.
• A San Juan deputy conducted a traffic stop on a driver whose vehicle had no license plate and no temporary tag. The driver was issued a criminal citation for failing to transfer a title within 45 days.
• A Lopez resident requested her son be listed as a missing person. A report was entered into the system, and no foul play is suspected at this time.
• San Juan deputies located two individuals with out-of-county warrants. Both were arrested and booked. One of the individuals was also booked on a new charge of a domestic violence order violation.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a person in crisis, who was transported to a medical facility for further treatment.
• A deputy was dispatched to a vehicle prowl in the Friday Harbor area. An unlocked vehicle had been entered and several small items had been removed, including ID. The person reporting the incident was provided an incident number.
• In Eastsound, a deputy took a report of vandalism at a residence. There are potential leads and the case is being investigated.
• A deputy was dispatched to a vehicle prowl in the Friday Harbor area. The person reported their vehicle was entered sometime over the previous night. Small items were missing.
• The owner of a vehicle was issued a parking ticket at the Lopez terminal for disregarding the clearly posted parallel parking-only sign.
• A deputy on San Juan was dispatched to a report of a vehicle prowl that happened overnight.
• A Lopez deputy responded when an inexperienced teenage driver drove into a ditch. The vehicle was towed, and the driver was issued a citation.
• Deputies on San Juan assisted the Coast Guard with a stranded boat.
• On San Juan a deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for cutting off several other vehicles in town. The driver was issued a citation for failing to yield to a motor vehicle.
• A deputy on Orcas received a found wallet. The owner contacted the Sheriff’s Office, and the wallet was returned to its owner.
• On Orcas, a deputy investigated a suspicious circumstance and determined there was insufficient probable cause to believe a crime had occurred.
• A vehicle on Lopez was issued a parking citation for violating the clearly posted parallel parking-only zone.
• In Friday Harbor, a found cell phone was found, dropped off at the Sheriff’s Office, and booked into evidence for safekeeping.
• A laptop was found in Friday and turned in to the San Juan County Sheriff’s Office. The owner has yet to be located.
• Lopez deputies and Lopez Fire & EMS were dispatched to a vehicle accident with injury. The driver was arrested for DUI and the vehicle was removed by a local tow firm.
• A deputy assisted Orcas Fire with a wildland fire using the Sheriff’s Office drone. The drone was deployed to check for hotspots around where the fire burned. No hotspots were located.
• A deputy was dispatched to a report of a domestic incident in the Friday Harbor area. The people involved in the incident were contacted, and the incident was determined to be verbal only.
• On San Juan, the Sheriff’s Office took a report of possible child abuse. The incident did not amount to neglect or assault but was documented.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped the driver of a vehicle for speeding – 41 mph in a 25 mph zone, The driver was issued a speeding citation.
• Deputies on Orcas responded to a welfare check in Moran State Park. Rangers handled the individual.
• A San Juan deputy stopped and issued the driver of the vehicle a citation for speeding – 64 mph in a 45 mph zone.
• Lopez deputies responded to the Fire Department for found property. Since there was no owner information, the property was booked into the evidence room.