The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• San Juan deputies witnessed a domestic violence no-contact order violation. The suspect was arrested and booked into jail after attempting to barricade themselves in their vehicle.
• An Orcas deputy was dispatched to assist an outside agency with checking on the welfare of an island resident. The person was contacted and everything checked out fine.
• A deputy responded to a walk-in report of a communications issue in Friday Harbor. After listening to the person, it was found no crime had occurred. An informational report was made at the reporting party’s request; no need for further investigation.
• A deputy issued a driver in Friday Harbor a citation for not having a valid driver’s license with ID, not having proof of liability insurance and a warning for speeding.
• A deputy on Orcas Island responded to a noninjury collision. The involved parties were contacted and a report was taken.
• A report of a theft in Friday Harbor was documented.
• A driver was issued a citation in Friday Harbor for failing to wear a seat belt and for not having proof of liability insurance.
• Deputies responded to a report of a theft from a motor vehicle in Friday Harbor and met with the victim.
• A deputy on San Juan booked a person on outstanding warrants.
• After a person reported that her roommate started a fire in their home, deputies determined that the person who started the fire suffered from a medical condition. She was transported to a hospital for an evaluation.
• A driver in Friday Harbor received a citation for not having a valid driver’s license with ID and a warning for traveling left of the center line.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a request for a welfare check.
• A Lopez resident called for assistance with his neighbor’s dogs, who were frequently running amok through the neighborhood. A dog-at-large warning letter was issued.
• Deputies on Orcas Island responded to two separate reports of thefts. For the first, the victim was contacted and an investigation is underway. In the other, the suspect was seen on a security system attempting to load wood into his pickup truck. The suspect was known to the victim, who elected not to pursue charges.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped the driver of a vehicle and issued them a citation for speeding.
• An Orcas Island deputy received a complaint about littering. The complainant was contacted and a report taken.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a report of a traffic hazard and found it had been cleared by the time he arrived.
• A driver on Orcas was stopped for speeding and issued a citation for traveling 14 miles over the speed limit.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a complaint of a dog-at-large. A report and further investigation are required.
• A Lopez Island deputy stopped and ticketed a driver for traveling 50 mph in a 35 mph zone on Center Road.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a report of a domestic disturbance in the Friday Harbor area. Once the person involved was contacted, it was determined the incident was verbal only.
• A Lopez Island man reported the theft of a power tool.
• A deputy on Orcas stopped a driver for speeding and issued them a warning.
• A driver on Orcas was stopped for speeding and issued a citation for traveling 54 mph in a 35 mph zone.
• A nighttime visitor to Crescent Beach was contacted by deputies and informed that the beach was only open for day-time use.
• Following the report of a domestic disturbance, a San Juan deputy contacted the people involved.
• A deputy on Orcas conducted a traffic stop and issued the driver a citation notice for failing to register the vehicle more than two months after it should have been registered.
• Deputies on Orcas Island stopped drivers for speeding in three separate incidents. One driver was issued a citation for traveling 9 miles over the speed limit; two others received warnings.
• A deputy investigated a death on San Juan Island.
• When a Decatur Island resident returned home, they found the locked doors to their house standing wide open and an unfamiliar vehicle in their driveway. When they checked, nothing appeared to be missing or damaged. Deputies took a report.
• A deputy took a report of a theft in the Friday Harbor area.
• Witness tampering in an active criminal case was reported to a Lopez Island deputy.
• A Friday Harbor deputy contacted both people involved in a reported traffic collision and took a report.
• Some abandoned property was turned over to a deputy on Orcas Island.
• A Lopez resident filed a delayed report of a prowler/trespasser who had been on their property in the wee hours of the morning.
• A deputy was dispatched to a domestic disturbance in the San Juan area. When the deputy arrived, the involved people were separated and a report was filed.
• A deputy responded to a minor accident without injuries on San Juan, completed a state collision report, impounded the vehicle and issued the driver four citations.
• An Orcas Island deputy was dispatched to a reported theft at the Orcas Island Ferry Terminal. The investigation is ongoing.
• A Lopez resident was issued a citation for driving 54 mph in a 35 mph zone.
• An Orcas Island deputy was dispatched to a report of a sex offense. The investigation is ongoing.
• On San Juan, a deputy stopped a vehicle driven by a person suspected of being wanted on a warrant. The driver was arrested for driving under the influence.
• Deputies responded to a theft in the Friday Harbor area, contacted the person who made the call and took a report.
• A San Juan deputy issued a Friday Harbor driver a citation for not having proof of liability insurance, and warnings for defective taillights/brake lights and an expired registration.