The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A deputy was dispatched to a reported assault in Eastsound. The offense took place in Whatcom County and a report was filed.
• A San Juan deputy conducted a welfare check. The subject was located and a report was taken.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of check fraud. The investigation is ongoing.
• A deputy responded to a littering complaint in Eastsound. A report was taken and there are no suspects at this time.
• A San Juan deputy arrested a driver for driving under the influence. The driver was later released with a promise to appear in court.
• In Friday Harbor, deputies responded to a violation of court-ordered conditions of release regarding a GPS monitor. The individual was located, placed under arrest for the violation, transported to the station, booked into jail without incident, and is awaiting a hearing.
• A deputy on Orcas received a call about a driver who was possibly under the influence. The driver was issued a citation for negligent driving in the second degree.
• A deputy was dispatched to a hit-and-run accident in Eastsound.
• A citizen came into the San Juan Sheriff’s Office in Friday Harbor to report a theft. There are no suspects at this time.
• A San Juan deputy arrested a person on an active warrant. The person was then transported to the Sheriff’s Office to await arraignment.
• Deputies on San Juan arrested a person on a warrant, then booked them into the county jail.
• Deputies were dispatched following a report of an unconscious person in Eastsound.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a complaint of a stolen package. The package was later located in a vehicle at the residence and the case was closed as unfounded.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped the driver of a vehicle for an expired registration. The driver was issued a citation for not having a valid driver’s license with identification.
• A driver on San Juan was stopped for a defective brake light and deputies issued the driver a citation for the offense.
• A deputy on San Juan issued a driver a citation for having an expired registration of more than two months.
• A deputy on San Juan issued a driver a citation for traveling 64 mph in a 45 mph zone.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a complaint of a dog running at-large. The dog did not have a rabies or San Juan County tag and was taken to the Eastsound Animal Shelter.