The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a single-vehicle, noninjury wreck. There was minor damage to the vehicle and a mailbox.
• A Lopez deputy stopped and ticketed a driver for speeding 55 mph in a 35 mph zone on Center Road.
• A deputy was dispatched to a report of a theft in Friday Harbor.
• A Friday Harbor deputy issued a citation to a driver for passing in a no-passing zone.
• A deputy stopped a vehicle in Friday Harbor for having expired registration tags. The driver was issued a citation for having expired registration and for not having insurance.
• A Lopez deputy investigated a case of possible drug use by a parent who was believed to have her children present at the time. The investigation revealed no evidence of illegal drug use or that the parent was impaired in any way. The children were safe
• A Lopez deputy completed a report regarding a hit-and-run collision to a parked vehicle.
• A San Juan deputy issued a citation to a driver for having no front license plate.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a vehicle for expired registration. The driver was issued a citation for not having a valid operator’s license with identification, for not having insurance and for having expired registration.
• An Orcas deputy was dispatched to a citizen dispute near Eastsound. After speaking with both parties, it was dealt with civilly, and an informational report was completed.
• A Lopez deputy was called to check the welfare of a resident. All was well.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped a motor scooter for having expired tabs and because the passenger was not wearing a helmet. The driver was issued a citation for having an expired registration.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a vehicle with an obstructed rear license plate. The driver was then issued a citation for not having a valid operator’s license with identification.
• San Juan deputies stopped a vehicle in Friday Harbor for expired tabs. The driver was also unlicensed and had no proof of insurance. Deputies issued a citation for not having a valid operator’s license with ID and operating a motor vehicle without proof of insurance and a warning regarding the tabs.
• A deputy responded to a suspicious circumstance complaint in the 400 block of Lopez Road. The investigation revealed that one of the involved subjects had violated his probation by consuming alcohol. The subject departed the area and a report was completed.
• The San Juan deputy was contacted regarding a theft
• Orcas deputies were dispatched to a juvenile problem on Shaw Island. Child protective services was contacted and will continue the investigation.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped a driver for driving suspended. The driver was arrested for driving with a suspended license in the second degree.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a vehicle for having defective brake lights and white light at the rear. The driver was issued an infraction for not having insurance.
• A Lopez resident reported a neighbor’s dog barking during the wee hours of the night. The owner of the dog was identified and spoken with.
• A Lopez deputy assisted a resident experiencing difficulties with their vehicle.
• A Friday Harbor deputy issued a driver a citation for failure to carry a vehicle registration and a warning for speed.
• A Lopez deputy was sent to check on goats getting through a fence and out into the road. When the deputy arrived the goats were in their pasture. A hole in the fence was found and repaired.
• A Friday Harbor deputy responded to a walk-in citizen assist call in Friday Harbor. Some property was placed in the property room for safekeeping.
• A Lopez deputy stopped a ticketed a driver for speeding, 39 mph in a 25 mph zone on Fisherman Bay Road and no valid operator’s license with identification.
• An Orcas deputy was dispatched to a threats complaint
• A Lopez deputy responded to a nighttime weapons noise call. Neighbors were contacted and an area check was completed.
• Deputies were dispatched to a domestic dispute in Friday Harbor.
• A deputy responded to a report of a domestic incident in Friday Harbor. Upon investigation, the incident was found to be verbal and the parties mutually agreed to separate.
• An Orcas deputy responded to the school for a juvenile problem.