The San Juan County Sheriff’s office responded to the following calls.
• A deputy responded to a report of a residential burglary on San Juan. Several items were removed from an unlocked residence.
• A San Juan deputy issued a driver a citation for traveling 37 mph in a posted 25 mph speed zone.
• On San Juan driver traveling 38 mph in a posted 25 mph speed zone received a citation for speeding.
• A person driving 47 mph in a posted 35 mph speed zone was stopped and cited for failing to wear a seat belt and for speeding. A warning was also issued.
• A Lopez deputy stopped and ticketed a driver for speeding, 50 mph in the 35 mph zone on Center Road.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a driver for not wearing a safety belt. The driver received a citation for the seat belt violation and for not having insurance.
• A driver on San Juan was stopped for having a suspended driver’s license. A report will be sent to the prosecutor’s office for a charging decision.
• A driver on San Juan who was not wearing their seatbelt was stopped and issued a citation for the infraction.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle and cited them for speeding 41 mph in a posted 25 mph speed zone.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for not wearing a safety belt and issued them a citation.
• An investigation was started after deputies responded to a domestic incident involving a juvenile.
• A San Juan deputy checked on a chronic neighbor complaint concerning animals. The deputy spoke with all parties and issued a verbal warning to the dog owner for an animal-at-large violation.
• A deputy on Orcas conducted a traffic stop and issued the driver a citation for speeding, 55 miles per hour in a 35 miles per hour zone.
• A San Juan deputy responded to an agency assist call at Peace Medical Center. The issue remains an open investigation.
• A deputy on Orcas conducted a traffic stop and arrested the driver for suspicion of driving under the influence of intoxicating liquor and/or drugs. The driver received a citation for traveling 40 miles per hour in a 25 mile per hour zone, and for not having a valid driver’s license.
• A San Juan deputy documented a report of threats.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a citizen dispute in Eastsound. The incident that ended up being between a landlord and a tenant was a civil matter and was resolved.
• A San Juan deputy conducted a welfare check and found the person depressed. The person went to the hospital voluntarily.
• A deputy responded to a report of a non-injury accident in Friday Harbor. The vehicle owners exchanged information and a report made.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a report of stolen outdoor decorative lights from a property on Decatur. Currently, there are no suspects.
• A Lopez deputy responded to an animal-at-large call on School Road. The loose dog was returned to its owner who was given a warning for an animal-at-large.
• An Orcas deputy conducted a civil standby at an address in Eastsound.
• A Lopez driver was given a warning for operating a vehicle with a modified exhaust system.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a driver for not being buckled up and issued them a citation for the violation and for not having insurance. Warnings were also given.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a speeding driver and issued them a speeding citation for traveling 37 mph in a posted 25 mph speed zone.
• A Lopez deputy stopped a driver speeding on Fisherman Bay Road and issued them a warning.
• A deputy stopped a driver on San Juan and issued them a speeding citation for traveling 47 mph in a posted 25 mph speed zone.
• A Lopez deputy assisted a citizen who was attempting to manage an intoxicated sibling. The sibling was safely returned to their hotel room.
• A citizen reported possible attempted identity theft at a local business in Eastsound.
• A deputy responded to a report of harassment in the Eastsound area.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a dog-at-large call. When the deputy made contact with the people involved, the dog’s owner was cited for a dog-at-large – third offense.
• A deputy on Orcas contacted the public school about a theft of a laptop by a student. The laptop was returned.
• A deputy responded to a report of a runaway juvenile on San Juan. The deputy located the juvenile and put them in touch with other agencies.
• A deputy was dispatched to a theft call on Orcas Road, the suspect was identified and a report will be forwarded to the county prosecutor’s office.
• After a deputy stopped a driver on San Juan for failing to yield the right of way, they received a citation for operating a motor vehicle without insurance.
• A driver observed driving 38 mph left-of-center in a posted 25 mph speed zone in a car with improperly displayed plates, was stopped by a San Juan deputy. The driver received citations for speeding and the improper display of plates.
• Deputies on Orcas were dispatched to a possible incident of domestic violence near Map Corner. An investigation determined it was verbal only.
• Deputies on San Juan responded to a dispute between neighbors that had escalated to a physical fight. One neighbor was treated at Peace Island Medical Center for their injuries, the other was arrested for felony assault.
• A Lopez deputy responding to a call about trespassers, found three teenagers playing piano in a church after hours. An unknown person knocked on the church door, which spooked them. Upon investigation, the person who knocked was a church board member who wanted to remind them of curfew policies.
• A Lopez deputy was called about a person sleeping on the sidewalk outside a local business that was preparing to open for the day. The person was awakened and asked to move along.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped the driver of a speeding vehicle for traveling 46 mph in a posted 35 mph speed zone. The driver received citations for speeding, for not having insurance and for failing to notify the Dept. of Licensing of an address change. The driver also received several warnings.
• A Lopez deputy took a report and notified the Dept. of Public Works about the theft of a road sign.
• An Orcas deputy received a statement from a citizen who wanted it included in an information report.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a complaint of a missing person complaint. The investigation is ongoing.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped a driver for a defective brake light. The driver, however, was arrested for driving under the influence and for an ignition interlock violation and issued a citation for a defective brake light.
• A Lopez deputy arrested a driver for driving under the influence after crashing a vehicle into a deep ditch.
• After a staff person at a Lopez business turned in a wallet found in their store, a deputy located the owner and returned the wallet.
• The San Juan deputy responded to an unattended hit and run. The person involved believed the vehicle had been damaged a couple of days earlier. Photos of the vehicle were taken with a report.
• An off-duty deputy on San Juan observed a person known to have a suspended driver’s license operating a motor vehicle on Argyle Avenue. A probable-cause statement will be sent to the prosecutor’s office for driving with a suspended license-third degree.
• A Lopez deputy ticketed a vehicle that was left unattended in the ferry line during the loading of the 2:40 p.m. sailing to Anacortes.