The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A deputy picked up found property from a business in Friday Harbor. The owner of the property was located and the item returned.
• A deputy was dispatched to a report of found property in Friday Harbor. The item was processed and booked as evidence in another case.
• An Orcas deputy responded to an accident, non-injury in Eastsound.
• A deputy responded to Lopez residence for a tenant and landlord dispute. There was no crime between the involved persons, however, one of them was determined to have an out of county arrest warrant for assault. There was no room in the mainland jail and the subject was not arrested.
• An Orcas deputy cited a driver on Orcas Road for speeding. The driver was going 45 mph in a posted 25 mph zone.
• A Lopez deputy was called to an illegal beach fire at Watmough Bay. The fire was out when the deputy arrived and a group of people was told that fires are not allowed.
• A Lopez deputy was called to take a report of prescription medication taken from a woman’s purse sometime on July 4.
• A Friday Harbor resident reported fraudulent use of his credit card. It was used to set up an AOL account, with which several purchases made. He has already canceled the credit card, but AOL requires law enforcement contact to cancel an account.
• San Juan deputies met with a service person bitten by a dog. At the customer’s home, the door was partially open and the dog came out and bit the reporting party on the calf. The owners of the dog were very apologetic and agreed to follow all the dog bite rules.
• At 8:30 p.m., a Friday Harbor Resident had an unwanted person at her home.
• A deputy was dispatched to a two-car, non-injury collision in Friday Harbor. A collision report was completed and no citations issued.
• A Lopez deputy stopped a motorist after he saw her speeding on Fisherman Bay Road.
• A deputy cited a driver in Friday Harbor for speeding.
• Two vessel owners were cited for violating the San Juan County code for mooring at the Eastsound county dock.
• Two vessel owners were cited for violating San Juan County code for mooring at the West Sound county dock.
• A deputy responded to a Lopez residence for a report of unknown trouble. It was discovered that the homeowner called 911 and hung up after she and her boyfriend got into an argument. The investigation revealed no conclusive evidence of a crime.
• A Lopez deputy was dispatched to a report of a sunken sailboat in Fisherman Bay.
• A deputy was dispatched to a report of threats being made to an individual on Orcas. After contacting all involved a report was taken.
• A deputy responded to a report of a collision involving one vehicle in the 500 block of Olga Road. The driver was issued a citation for not having valid operator’s license and a collision report was made.
• A San Juan deputy cited a driver for cellphone use while driving.
• A vessel was cited for violating the San Juan County code for mooring at the Obstruction Pass county dock.
• A deputy responded to a Lopez business for a 911 hang-up. The deputy investigated and was unable to locate the person who called or to determine the reason for the call.
•A deputy responded to a vehicle theft on Orcas. A search for the vehicle was conducted and was not found. A report was taken and a vehicle theft report was entered into the Washington database.
•A deputy issued a citation to a driver near Lopez Village for failing to wear a seat belt.
• Lopez deputies arrested a 34-year-old Lopez man for an outstanding warrant.
•Orcas deputies were dispatched to a local business for a stolen vehicle recovery. The vehicle was processed for evidence and a was report taken. The investigation is ongoing.
A deputy was dispatched to a residence on San Juan to investigate fireworks. Deputy discovered the source and the homeowner assured the deputy that it would not happen again.
• A Lopez deputy was dispatched to a reported theft of a yard statue. A report was taken.
• A driver in Eastsound was cited for driving with a suspended license and warned for speeding.
• A deputy took a report of a theft in Eastsound.
• Lopez deputies cited a Seattle man for speeding 50 mph in the 25 zone on Fisherman Bay Road.
• Orcas deputies responded to Orion Lane regarding a report of a citizen dispute in front of an apartment complex. An intoxicated 18-year-old male was cited for minor in possession and released to his mother.
• A Lopez deputy took custody of a dog found running at large near Woodmen Hall. The dog was returned to its owner, who was warned to keep the dog contained.
• A vessel owner was cited for violation of the San Juan County code for mooring at the West Sound county dock. The owner was warned for having expired vessel registration. Another vessel owner was warned of the dock being day-use only.
• Orcas deputies were dispatched to a reported theft in the Eastsound area.
• An Orcas deputy was dispatched to a noise complaint in the Eastsound area. The deputy discovered that a local woman had been warned multiple times in the prior months. The woman was issued a citation.
• A Los Angeles couple was contacted and warned for trespassing on private property by a Lopez deputy. They parked their car in a private driveway and set out hiking at a local attraction. The homeowner was concerned when they came home and found an unfamiliar car in their driveway.
• A Lopez deputy was sent to investigate several gunshots heard on the south end of the island. The area was checked and neither the source or location of the shots was located.
• The same vessel owner was docked after day-use only hours at the West Sound San Juan County dock and cited again.