The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls
• A San Juan deputy made contact with an intoxicated individual who was yelling at no one in particular and causing a disturbance at the ferry landing. A report was made and forwarded to the courts for a probation violation.
• A deputy on San Juan took custody of an individual who turned himself in on multiple criminal trespass warrants. The subject was arrested and booked into jail.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a missing person call. The case was referred to a neighboring county.
• A deputy was dispatched to a safekeeping in the San Juan area because a person wished to turn over three weapons to the sheriff’s office to be destroyed. The deputy entered them into evidence for destruction.
• Lopez deputies and Lopez EMS responded to a report that an individual was found not breathing in their home. EMS attempted to administer aid, but the individual had died.
• A Lopez individual reported his father selling the caller’s four-wheeler to cover rent expenses.
• Evans Funeral Home was contacted after deputies on San Juan were dispatched to a death investigation and found the person to have died of natural causes.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a non-injury, property damage-only traffic collision.
• Lopez deputies took an individual into custody to be transported to a hospital for violating a court order.
• Deputies on Orcas responded to a domestic incident involving a juvenile suspect and forwarded a report to Juvenile Court Services.
• San Juan deputies stopped the driver of a vehicle in Friday Harbor for speeding. After the arresting deputy was spit on and struck in the face multiple times with a closed fist, the individual was tasered, taken into custody, and booked for several felony and misdemeanor charges.
• A deputy was dispatched to a domestic incident on San Juan. The deputy arrived, spoke with the people involved, and arrested one person for fourth-degree domestic violence assault.
• San Juan deputies were dispatched to an accident-injury involving a bicycle and a vehicle. A bicyclist was making a turn onto another road when they were struck by a vehicle. The bicyclist refused medical treatment.
•A Lopez deputy responded to an unwanted person call after an individual startled a neighbor when they came onto the property in search of a lost cat.
• On San Juan, a deputy was contacted about a theft of several crab pots.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a report of a domestic dispute. No crime had been committed.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of animals being outside. The animals’ owner said that the dogs are well-cared for and can be outside at times because they are dogs. The owner was provided with county noise ordinance information.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a call from a person who wanted to report an assault that happened over a year ago.
• A deputy on San Juan took a report of a vehicle theft. It was determined that the matter was determined to be civil in nature because the owner had known the vehicle was going to be sol.
• Deputies responded to a possible domestic incident in Eastsound. After an investigation was completed it was found to be a citizen dispute.
• A deputy on San Juan responded with EMS personnel to a suspected drug overdose. The individual was transported to the hospital.
• A deputy contacted a person on Orcas about illegal camping and leaving a large amount of trash and personal items unattended on private and public property.