The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls:
• A Friday Harbor deputy issued a driver a citation for speeding and a warning for not having proof of insurance.
• A San Juan deputy arrested a subject on a San Juan County warrant. The suspect was transported to the local holding facility to wait for their arraignment.
• An Orcas deputy confirmed that a derelict vessel on a trailer was parked at the Obstruction Pass Marine Facility. An investigation is being conducted to locate the owner and remove the vessel.
• A San Juan deputy issued a driver a citation for failing to yield to the right of way and issued a warning for not having proof of insurance or registration documentation in the vehicle.
• A deputy arrested a Friday Harbor resident on an active warrant issued out of San Juan County District Court. The resident was booked into jail and is awaiting court.
• San Juan deputies were dispatched to a report of a hit-and-run collision on Warbass Way. The incident was investigated and a report was generated.
• An Orcas deputy was dispatched to a hit-and-run accident that occurred in the Deer Harbor area. A report was taken and the investigation is ongoing.
• An Orcas Island deputy responded to a domestic disturbance in the Eastsound area. Upon investigation, it was determined that no crimes had been committed.
• Deputies on San Juan responded to a local bar regarding an unruly patron. The patron refused to leave the area and was taken into custody.
• A San Juan Island driver was cited for failure to stop/yield at an intersection, and issued a warning for not having proof of insurance.
• A deputy was dispatched to a report of an animal-at-large on San Juan Island. The dog’s owner was issued a dog-at-large warning letter.
• Odlin Park staff detained a large dog on Lopez. A deputy collected the dog and located the owner a short time later. A dog-at-large warning letter was issued.
• A Lopez deputy was contacted regarding suspicious behavior that resulted in a disturbance at a private residence. Both parties were issued a trespass warning letters.
• A deputy issued a citation to a driver for failing to stop/yield at intersection in Friday Harbor.
• An Orcas deputy learned that a person with two felony warrants was inside a local business in Eastsound. The person was located, arrested and transported to jail.
• A driver was issued a citation for failure to yield at a Friday Harbor intersection.
• A deputy was dispatched to a report of a juvenile problem in Friday Harbor. An informational report was taken.
• Deputies were dispatched to a report of domestic violence in Friday Harbor. The suspect was not located.
• Deputies responded to a reported boating accident near Orcas Island. A large recreational vessel ran aground on a submerged rock; none of the five occupants on the vessel were injured. The operator is required to complete a boating accident report.
• A deputy on Orcas Island took a report of a phishing scam email using Apple, Inc. The reporting party was advised to watch for fraudulent activity with their accounts.
• A Lopez deputy was called to a business for an animal problem. All involved parties were contacted and the issue was resolved.
• A vehicle was stopped for speeding on Orcas Island. The driver received a citation for driving 47 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• An Orcas deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle that ran a stop sign and proceeded to accelerate up to 45 mph in a posted 25 mph speed zone. The driver was issued citations for both violations as well as a verbal warning for not having the vehicle’s registration.
• An Orcas deputy cited a driver in Eastsound for traveling 45 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• San Juan deputies responded to a report of evidence of trespassing on False Bay Rd. No crime appeared to have been committed and items were collected for safekeeping.
• A Seattle woman was stopped and ticketed by a Lopez Island deputy for speeding, 42 in the 25 zone along Fisherman Bay.
• Deputies were dispatched to a domestic dispute in Friday Harbor. One of the parties left before deputies could make contact.
• In Friday Harbor, a deputy was dispatched in reference to found property. The reporting deputy located the item and placed it in evidence.
• Deputies responded to call in the San Juan area in reference to an overdose. The reporting deputy arrived and discovered a verbal domestic.
• Deputies responded to a residence on San Juan Island to investigate a suspicious circumstance.
• An Orcas Island deputy stopped a vehicle on Mt Baker Road. The driver was subsequently cited for speeding 43 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• A Lopez Island deputy was sent to investigate an audible alarm sounding at a local business. Everything was found secure when the deputy checked the premises.
• San Juan deputies responded to a report of a nude sunbather at Jackson’s Beach.
• An Orcas Island deputy responded to an order violation in the Eastsound area. A report was taken.
• An Orcas Island deputy stopped a vehicle on Mt Baker Rd. The driver was subsequently issued a citation for speed 43 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• A deputy was dispatched to San Juan Island on an Agency Assist. The reporting deputy contacted USCG and one person was arrested for Boating under the Influence. Report to follow.
• A Lopez resident reported the theft of one crab pot. The deputy followed up on a lead but no further information was developed.
• A deputy on Orcas stopped a suspended driver. The driver was arrested for Driving With a Suspended License – 3rd degree and not having a valid driver’s license. He was also issued a citation for having no insurance.
• Reporting deputy was dispatched to a single vehicle accident on San Juan Island.
• One person was arrested for Driving under the Influence and a report was taken.
• An item was booked as found property in Friday Harbor and a report was taken.
• A Lopez Island man was arrested and lodged in jail pending a court appearance on a charge of Assault IV-Domestic Violence after an argument escalated into a physical altercation.
• A deputy was dispatched to a possible theft in Friday Harbor. A report was taken.
• Two reports of thefts in Friday Harbor were reported. There are no suspects in either incident.
• A deputy on Orcas Island stopped a vehicle for speeding and the driver was issued a citation for traveling 41 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• Two vessels were found on the Westsound county dock overnight. The vessels were issued infractions for overnight mooring.