The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A Lopez Island deputy responded to a residential burglary complaint. The victim said the perpetrator entered her house at night, without permission, while she was sleeping. The male subject fled on foot after the homeowner awoke and called out for him to leave.
• A Blakely Island resident reported a residential burglary and the theft of wine.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a report of a driver passing a stopped school bus with its stop-paddles out. The driver was not identified.
• Orcas deputies and OIFR responded to an Eastsound address regarding an overdose of medication. The person received medical attention and transported to the hospital for further evaluation.
• A Lopez Island deputy stopped a motorist for having an obscured vehicle license plate and subsequently determined he had no driver’s license. The deputy issued the motorist a ticket for not having a valid operator’s license with an identification card. He gave the driver a verbal warning for the obscured plate.
• A Lopez Island deputy responded to a report of a deer damaging a moving vehicle on Ferry Road. No one was injured.
• A deputy was dispatched to a domestic assault that occurred in Friday Harbor. The suspect was taken into custody for assault in the fourth degree and domestic violence.
• Lopez deputies responded to a reported domestic disturbance between a homeowner and her guests. No probable cause for a crime was found and the guests were given a courtesy ride to the ferry.
• A deputy was dispatched to a domestic dispute in the Friday Harbor area that turned out to be a loud party. Those involved promised to quiet down.
• A Lopez Island deputy was called regarding a herd of about 50 sheep on a Lopez Island roadway. The owner of the sheep was contacted, and the sheep were returned to their pasture.
• A Lopez Island man reported receiving harassing notes from a neighbor. Upon examination, there was no evidence of any criminal activity or intent.
• A Seattle man reported that his backpack and other property had been taken from his campsite at Odlin Park while he participated in the Tour de Lopez cycling event on Lopez Island. A report was taken and the incident remains under investigation.
• Lopez Island deputies responded to a report of stolen property. Deputies talked with the victims, who had been camping on the island. A backpack had been taken from their tent while they were out biking around the island.
• Lopez Island deputies were dispatched to a local woman’s residence for a possible telephone harassment call. The suspect was contacted and asked to stop calling the woman’s home.
• A Lopez man reported identity theft that resulted in unauthorized bank transactions. A report was taken and the case is under investigation.
• A deputy called an Eastsound resident about six or seven unknown subjects stealing about $100 in oysters from a private oyster bed he owns.
• A Lopez Island man requested that a subject be removed from the caller’s place of employment. The caller alleged the subject’s behavior was inappropriate and disruptive.
• A Friday Harbor Port security guard contacted the sheriff’s office to report a person trespassing. The subject was located and instructed to not return.
•A deputy located a Friday Harbor resident with a felony bench warrant. The subject was arrested and transported to the station to be processed.