The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A deputy took a report of a domestic disturbance in the area of Eastsound on Orcas Island. After further investigation, it was determined no crimes were committed and the parties had already separated. The deputy contacted those people involved and obtained statements. There was no independent evidence of a crime. An informational report was taken.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a residential burglary call. Upon investigation, a door that had previously been held shut by a thin piece of string came detached, and the door swung open during the night. Nothing in the home was missing and there were no signs of entry.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a two vehicle non-injury traffic collision in Eastsound. Information was exchanged by the drivers. A report was written.
• A deputy on San Juan Island took a report of a juvenile found in possession of some suspicious items. A report was completed and forwarded to juvenile services for review.
• A deputy took a report regarding a dog fight in Eastsound. The reporting parties dog may have been attacked by two other dogs, then immediately went missing. After an extensive search, the two attacking dogs and the victim dog were not located.
• A deputy took a report of a trespassing complaint in Eastsound. The owners of the property in question requested a trespass warning letter be issued to the individual.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor took a call of an unwanted person. The deputy offered some suggestions to resolve the issue.
• Orcas deputies responded to a domestic disturbance in Eastsound. Upon completion of the investigation, it was determined one of the involved subjects was not in compliance with a recent release from jail and was arrested.
• A deputy took a report concerning a series of events by an individual on Blakely Island that is concerning the Blakely Island Community. The information of the report was documented and steps are being made to determine if any crimes have been committed.
• Deputies were dispatched to the sound of two people arguing loudly at a Friday Harbor residence. Upon investigation, it was found to be a verbal disagreement and the parties were separate. There were no signs of assault.
• San Juan County deputies responded to a report of a domestic disturbance in the evening hours on Orcas Island. It was discovered that two brothers had been in a verbal argument. It was determined that no crimes had occurred at the time of the event. An informational report was completed.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of a prowler in Friday Harbor. A man was seen on video surveillance peering into a woman’s apartment approximately 30 minutes prior to the report. The male was not known to the reporting deputy so the image was circulated to attempt to identify them.
• An Orcas woman called to report her trash can had been stolen for a second time. A report was written.
• A male in Friday Harbor was causing problems with one of the consignment stores. He was located and trespassed from the property
• A Lopez deputy responded when two dogs on Shaw Island escaped and entered a neighbor’s chicken coop killing 26 chickens. The dog owner was issued an infraction and will be responsible for recouping the loss. The dog’s status will be reviewed and restrictions will likely be implemented.
• San Juan deputies responded to a request to assist Compass Health in taking a mentally ill person into custody. The person fled prior to deputies’ arrival but was located a short distance later, causing a disturbance. The person was taken to PIMC for a mental health evaluation.
• A deputy on San Juan Island was dispatched to a report of a theft. Video footage was provided and a suspect was identified. The suspect was then located and arrested for theft third degree, possession of stolen property third degree and trespassing second degree.
• A deputy was dispatched to a vehicle theft in the Friday Harbor area. The deputy arrived and contacted the people involved. After the initial investigation, the incident appears civil but additional follow-up is needed.
• Deputies on San Juan Island were dispatched to a domestic violence incident. An assault was determined to have occurred and one person was arrested for assault in the fourth degree for domestic violence.
• An Orcas deputy was working traffic enforcement on Lover’s Lane and stopped a driver for speeding. Further investigation revealed the driver’s license was suspended and did not have the required ignition interlock device.
• The driver was issued criminal citations and released on scene. A Lopez deputy conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle speeding on Fisherman Bay Road. The driver was issued an infraction for speed.
• An Orcas citizen called about an order violation. A report was written.
• Deputies on San Juan Island responded to a verbal domestic incident. The involved parties separated for the night, and one party will make future arrangements to retrieve their belongings from the residence. A report was completed.
• Lopez Deputies responded when a vehicle crashed on Center Road causing substantial property damage. The responsible party was located and arrested for hit-and-run, driving under the influence, and driving while license suspended.
• Deputies on San Juan Island responded to numerous noise complaints for a quinceañera being thrown at The Fairgrounds. The property was rented and under contract for the specified event. The contract did not specify abiding by county noise ordinance rules or state a specific ending time. A report was completed.
• Deputies on San Juan Island responded to a domestic incident in Friday Harbor. After an investigation, it was determined that no crime had been committed, and one of the involved parties was within their legal boundaries of disciplining their child. Safe San Juans was contacted and a report was completed.
• Deputies on San Juan Island responded to an aggravated assault. The intoxicated suspect was located immediately and resisted arrest. It required two deputies to gain control of him. The suspect was booked into jail for assault in the second degree and resisting arrest. A report was completed.
• A deputy on San Juan Island responded with EMS to a medical incident in the jail. No crime was committed.
• A deputy on San Juan Island stopped a vehicle for failing to stop at a stop sign. The driver was found to be driving with a suspended license. The driver was given an infraction for failing to stop at a stop sign and a citation for driving with license suspended in the third degree and operating a vehicle without an
• Lopez Island deputies responded to a residential burglary call. An unknown individual forced a locked door into the residence and stole thousands of dollars worth of personal belongings. The scene was processed, and the investigation is ongoing.
• A deputy on Orcas Island conducted a traffic stop. The driver was issued a notice of infraction for speeding, 44 miles-per-hour in a 25 miles-per-hour zone.
• A deputy on San Juan Island was dispatched to a report of an unwanted person. The person left the property upon request and was issued a trespass warning letter.
• A deputy on Orcas took a theft call at a local business. The suspect was caught on camera. The case is ongoing till he is identified.
• A deputy on San Juan Island stopped a vehicle for speeding. The driver was issued an infraction for speed, 61 miles per hour in a posted 45-mile-per-hour zone.
• A deputy on San Juan Island served a court order to a respondent via electronic service, as permitted by the court. A report was completed.
• A deputy on San Juan Island responded to a found property call. A citizen found a pair of prescription eyeglasses outside of the Sheriff’s Office.
• The deputy took custody of the eyeglasses and stored them into evidence as found property. A report was completed.
• A deputy on Orcas Island conducted a traffic stop. The driver was issued warnings for expired registration and a broken taillight. The driver was issued a notice of infraction for no valid operator’s license.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor received a report of possible threats. It was determined that a neighbor was upset about a fence on the reporting party’s property.
• A deputy on San Juan Island responded to a report of fraud in Friday Harbor.
An individual used fraudulent United States Currency to make a purchase. The currency was kept by an employee and was able to positively identify the suspect.
An investigation continues and a report was completed.