Internationally acclaimed indie folk-rock duo Mandy Fer and Dave McGraw are back at it with a new sound, and a new name: Sway Wild!
Their exceptional vocal harmonies, coupled with Fer’s pioneering electric guitar work, have become a vehicle to carry them around the world, sharing stages with the likes of Iron & Wine, Lake Street Dive, Gregory Alan Isakov, and Mandolin Orange. Sway Wild’s infectious sound explores the corners of rock, pop, funk, prog, worldbeat, and folk, but at its nucleus, it is undeniably music full of joy. It can squeeze the heart in your chest, it can draw tears from your eyes, and it can force you to get up and move your body; over and over, it somehow manages to do all three at once.
Glide Magazine wrote: “… high energy (and) soulful … Like The Wood Brothers and Lake Street Dive, Sway Wild hones a universal likeability where uptempo anthems and melodic precision prevail. Fer is an impressive … [and] masterful guitarist …”
The show is Saturday, Nov. 6 at 7 p.m. Tickets are $15 for adults and $8 for youth. They are available online at www.lopezcenter.org. In addition, the Lopez Center Board recently approved a new COVID plan for indoor events, including this one:
• Masks required for all patrons.
• Vaccinations are required for all patrons. Vaccination cards will be checked.
• Children who are currently ineligible to be vaccinated will still be allowed entrance provided that they are masked and accompanied by a vaccinated adult.
• Limiting capacity to 75 people (25% of full capacity) in order to ensure appropriate social distancing.
• Food and drink will not be served during the performance.