Submitted by Friends of the San Juans.
We are all ready for some new connections and opportunities. Through the Virtual Fair, you have an opportunity to connect with Friends of the San Juans’ staff, ask questions, and hear the passion that drives their mission.
Join the virtual couch for Q&A sessions with Friends staff: Jess, Tina, and Brent; student mentees: Ela and Linnea; plus a special appearance by Craig Canine from the San Juan Preservation Trust! It’s a unique chance to ask directly what you want to know about Friends’ work and get to know them better.
• Thursday, August 19 at 10 a.m. on Zoom, Coffee with Friends: Pacific Sand Lance and Green Boating: Live Q&A with Jess Newley, Friends’ Marine Science Coordinator
• Thursday, August 19 at 5:30 p.m. on Zoom, Cocktails with Friends: Student Research—Where island waste goes and what you can do: Live Q&A with Linnea Morris and Ela Angevine, Friends’ Student Mentees
• Friday, August 20 at 10 a.m. on Zoom, Coffee with Friends: Sucia Island Restoration: Live Q&A with Tina Whitman, Friends’ Science Director
• Friday, August 20 at 5:30 p.m. on Zoom, Cocktails with Friends: Engaging in San Juan County’s Comprehensive Plan Update: Live Q&A with Brent Lyles, Friends’ Executive Director
• Saturday, August 21 at 10 a.m. on Zoom, Coffee with Friends: How Friends and the San Juan Preservation Trust work together and complement each other: Live Q&A with Brent Lyles, Friends’ Executive Director and Craig Canine, San Juan Preservation Trust’s Director of Communications and Outreach
Visit www.sanjuans.org/upcoming-events to register.