Lopez Island Chamber of Commerce is looking for a new executive director.
The executive director is responsible for the daily operations of the Chamber Office and Visitor Information Center on Lopez Island. As a result of COVID-19, operations of the office are currently three-to-four days a week and can be accomplished by a single individual. Time commitment averages 20 hours per week. Approximate salaried compensation is $20 per hour depending on experience.
• Manage Chamber membership by holding an annual renewal drive, plan quarterly meetings to keep members connected and explore ways to engage new businesses.
• Manage Visitor Center activities by holding regular office hours, responding to visitor inquiries via phone, email or in person, and helping visitors learn about the Lopez community and the types of experiences available.
• Keep abreast of countywide efforts related to tourism by serving on the San Juan Island Visitors Bureau board and attending periodic council meetings.
• Work with the Chamber Board maintain an annual budget and to identify special events/activities that the Chamber may want to sponsor.
Who would be a good fit?
• Someone that likes to talk with people and enjoys generating ideas that would help create a positive experience for a visitor
• Someone with experience in ‘customer service’
• Someone with a positive attitude and sense of humor, who is friendly and professional
• Someone who can work with minimal direction and stay organized
• Someone who understands the challenges of supporting a ‘destination location’ in a rural community
Bonus points for:
• Experience in the hospitality/tourism field
• Proficiency in all aspects of online, social media, etc.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office; familiarity with Quickbooks
• Experience managing volunteers
Are you retired and looking for a part-time occupation?
Are you a creative looking for a stable position that allows you ample studio time?
Are you hoping to make your dream of living in a small community a reality?
Maybe this opportunity is what you have been waiting for — if you have questions before taking the next step, call 360-468-4664.